Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real pistols

Smile Eric

It;s the only way! Convince the missus about Miami-lovely place to go in January, cheap, polite people, good hotels and crazy gun laws. When i go there, I see kids as young as 14-15 come in and hire handguns in semi/full auto plus fully automatic rifles-MP5, AKs you name it. $30 dollars to hire a S&W .50 for the hour and rounds at $15 per 50. Mind you with cases in rifle length. it sur will hurt your wrist over an hour. BTW saw a kid once come in and use a S&W .44. He was 10 years old, it was ok though as he had a responsible adult with him. His 16 year old brother!

>>>LINK<<<

Place I go to. Not quite Miami, down town Doral. You need a gun there just walk around and feel safe. A few times when I go there you see a few pimps turn up in their cars with their hoes (gardening instrument) to shoot their AKs etc!

That looks like the sort of thing I'd enjoy Alex...never been to the States, we tend to go to the Greek Islands most of the time but maybe I'll convince the wife we need a change.....
    Eric.

During the good old days I had:-

s/h Colt 1911 (had been "modified" and was crap, wouldn’t feed semi wadcutter ammo, took it back for a refund)

New Colt 1911 Gold Cup. Was then worked on by a superb gunsmith. A fantastic pistol, but not ideally suited for pure target shooting. Sold it. (the new owner ended up accidently shooting someone in the pub whilst demonstrating the superb trigger )

Dan Wesson .44 in 4 & 6 inch barrels. ditto above. A fantastic stress relieving pistol.

s/h Model 41 S&W .22. Superb!

Sako TriAce .32. Was superb but the rear of the breech was not milled properly and would jam at least once per mag. took it back for a refund.

Walther .32 GSP. Nice gun but too front heavy for me.

Walther .22 OSP Very nice.

IMO shooting a PCP target air pistol demands exactly the same skills as that for a firearm. Having said this, the only difference perhaps is that with a firearm pistol it can be easy to get influenced by the savage recoil and noise which in turn can lead to flinching.

Cam

hi lads , as some of you know i visit thailand quite often , here's a link to me shooting a beretta and ak47 , the ak is in cambodia , when i was on a visa run

cheers jamie

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

Hey ThaiJamie
    Liked the AK! For a minute I thought you were given a single action only....until you didn't let go of that trigger!

Guys

Isn't it a shame that over here we can't use firearms for our enjoyment but at least (for now) we can still partake in pistol shooting of some kind or firearms in the form of rifls.

yip , its good fun when on hols to have a shot of such items. the power in the ak is scary to say the least lol.next time i'm in cambodia it'll be the m16.
    my friend shot the uzi but said it was tame in compariston to the ak.

i just realised how mad, that must sound to some , the uzi was tame.

atb jamie

Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

Don't rub it in

Nice pistols though!

My Sp20 keepet in zurich long way to go and shoot it

http://galhda.blu.livefilestore.com/...20-%20Copy.JPG
    Last edited by psf32; 25-06-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Picture Rocks, Confederate Territory of Arizona

I got some guns...

At present... my daily 'carry' is a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45acp auto. It's got an extended muzzle brake 'n WWI type wood grips but otherwise it's 'military'. 'Had that for about 20 years.

(Art 26 Arizona Constitution: The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state shall not be impaired.) No permit need for open carry. I do have an AZ CCW tho... for those few times I wear a jacket or raincoat. (hot here)

Other stuff:
    Ruger Vaquero SAA .45LC (Long Colt) (Same as Colt Peacemaker)
    Walther P-38 9mm auto
    Thallmann Mararov 9x18mm auto
    Colt 1851 Navy .36 cal C&B (BP) revolver
    Taurus " The Judge " 45LC/410 (shotgun) Tracker 5 shot revolver

(Wife's)
    Charter Arms .38spl 5 shot revolver
    Daewu DI40 .40 cal auto

'Have had;
    S&W Mod 239 9mm auto
    S&W Mod 36 .38 spl 5 shot revolver
    Luger P-08 9mm auto
    Mauser C96 (China) .45acp
    S&W Mod 10 .38spl 6 shot revolver

I want:

Sig P220 .45acp
    Another Ruger Vaquero .45LC
    Another P-08 9mm

Since this is 'pistols'... I'm not gettin' into the 'hit parade' long guns. Some of those are scary.
    Last edited by Sonora Rebel; 25-06-2008 at 03:55 PM.
    A round downrange cannot be recalled

I've got to move to Arizona!

Actually, I went to Sonora a few years ago - lovely place. I remember going to a bar there that had guns for sale under the glass counter, but that could have been Sedona!

Picture Rocks, Confederate Territory of Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by colbo View Post
    I've got to move to Arizona!

Actually, I went to Sonora a few years ago - lovely place. I remember going to a bar there that had guns for sale under the glass counter, but that could have been Sedona!

Sedona is in the Sonora Desert... a bit south of me. Yep... I LIKE it here!
    A round downrange cannot be recalled

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    During the good old days I had:-

s/h Colt 1911 (had been "modified" and was crap, wouldn’t feed semi wadcutter ammo, took it back for a refund)

New Colt 1911 Gold Cup. Was then worked on by a superb gunsmith. A fantastic pistol, but not ideally suited for pure target shooting. Sold it. (the new owner ended up accidently shooting someone in the pub whilst demonstrating the superb trigger )

Dan Wesson .44 in 4 & 6 inch barrels. ditto above. A fantastic stress relieving pistol.

s/h Model 41 S&W .22. Superb!

Sako TriAce .32. Was superb but the rear of the breech was not milled properly and would jam at least once per mag. took it back for a refund.

Walther .32 GSP. Nice gun but too front heavy for me.

Walther .22 OSP Very nice.

IMO shooting a PCP target air pistol demands exactly the same skills as that for a firearm. Having said this, the only difference perhaps is that with a firearm pistol it can be easy to get influenced by the savage recoil and noise which in turn can lead to flinching.

Cam
    So 2 pistols of yours were used to demonstrate trigger mechanisms on people in pubs then eh?

Used to own:

Reck Peacemaker
    Walther GSP .22
    Colt Python .357
    Cold King Cobra .357
    Colt Gold Cup .45
    Tanfoglio P19S 9mm Maj
    Custom Built S&W K Frame PPC .38
    Custom Built Tanfoglio Gold Team 9mm Maj

Reloaded my centre fire ammo, shot many thousands of rounds. Other club members had some great collections, over the years we got to fire just about every interesting make of pistol, including some very interesting classic revolvers.

Ahh.. those were the days. Have to make do with air pistols nowadays, but at least I can shoot them in the house.

Pete
    Plot ?... What Plot ?... I thought you had it !!
    Good Deals with Good Folks