Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real pistols

Real Pistol

When in forces (Fleet Air Arm)
    Took part in the Navy shoot at Browndown and had a go with Colt 1911 (although I didn't recognise it untill I spotted the Umarex job), Navy .38 Revolver and a real Colt .44 Black powder. Lost sight of the range for a minute after that one.
    Kick? Springers dream on! Nearly broke my wrist since I was a weedy 16 Year old.
    Now you've done it and m off to Henry Krank site to dribble.
    Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanator View Post

Never said this to another man before 'you've got a nice pair there'

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    At present... my daily 'carry' is a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45acp auto. It's got an extended muzzle brake 'n WWI type wood grips but otherwise it's 'military'. 'Had that for about 20 years.

(Art 26 Arizona Constitution: The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state shall not be impaired.) No permit need for open carry. I do have an AZ CCW tho... for those few times I wear a jacket or raincoat. (hot here)

Other stuff:
    Ruger Vaquero SAA .45LC (Long Colt) (Same as Colt Peacemaker)
    Walther P-38 9mm auto
    Thallmann Mararov 9x18mm auto
    Colt 1851 Navy .36 cal C&B (BP) revolver
    Taurus " The Judge " 45LC/410 (shotgun) Tracker 5 shot revolver

(Wife's)
    Charter Arms .38spl 5 shot revolver
    Daewu DI40 .40 cal auto

'Have had;
    S&W Mod 239 9mm auto
    S&W Mod 36 .38 spl 5 shot revolver
    Luger P-08 9mm auto
    Mauser C96 (China) .45acp
    S&W Mod 10 .38spl 6 shot revolver

I want:

Sig P220 .45acp
    Another Ruger Vaquero .45LC
    Another P-08 9mm

Since this is 'pistols'... I'm not gettin' into the 'hit parade' long guns. Some of those are scary.

Now that's just plain greedy

Enjoy, you lucky sob

Ah Bliss!

This is the Pip Watts modified Model 27 I have at Bisley under the Heritage Pistol scheme.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The good 'ol days!

Keep my .40 Beretta Brigadier and my S&W 625 with my in-laws in Ohio.

As for pre-97, between my father and I we had:

- 357 Desert Eagle
    - 9mm Beretta 92SB
    - 22 Rossi revolver
    - 44 S&W 629
    - 45ACP Sig P 220
    - 9mm - Walther P5
    - 357 Colt Python
    - 45ACP S&W 625 (had this one deactivated I loved it so much!)

I am started to weep into my coffee here - so enough.....

Quote Originally Posted by zigliss View Post

I am started to weep into my coffee here - so enough.....

C'mom now lad, stiff upper lip and all that.

I had a Smith 586 6" barrel, Beretta 92FS 9mm in Nickel and a Beretta model 76 .22 cal semi-auto target pistol.

Loved them all....... ah, happy days.

Mind you, two weeks ago I was shooting a Taurus 9mm semi auto in Florida......

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Like the browning, glad its not the Hungarian FEG copy

Our of interest, is that the original belguim de fabrique? Are you a lefty, why did you put ambidexterous safety on? The Browning is probably one of the most comfortable pistols for concealed carry imo

The Commander series 80 is my personal favorite too! Albeit in theory only as I was unfortunate to be born in '88 and therefore am part of the "gun-ban" generation here in the UK. Though I'm thinking of visiting either the IOM or Jersey at some point in the next few years. Though I'm not sure if there is any pistol-shooting available to visitors on Jersey (anyone have experience here?)

mr_colt.

P.S. To knowledgeable Colt shooters: Is there any benefit/difference in the Commander series 80 over the series 70 at all?

Quote Originally Posted by sheene View Post
    Glock 22 .40 200 rounds. Didn't really like it. Broad trigger and too much of a reach round to it from pistol grip. Has a broad pistol grip to accommodate the double stack magazine.

Anyone else?
    I hate the Glock, and its only time before they go bust imo. They only produce pistols and knives, some accesories, and mark my words,Glaston Glock will be sold in the near future. They have in fact just done a deal with the GNR (Police) and the PSP(the police who watches the police) to replace their p-38 to glock 17 which has a modified slide release.

the only thing I like about the glock, is the ergonomics. Watch Glock Torture by Magills, it doesn't like sand, a hole was dug 30 cm deep, glock put in and covered up with dry sand. It jamed over and over again.

http://magills.com/pgroup_descrip/50..._val%3Dtorture

A gun you can abuse and abuse I mean abuse, is no doubt the beretta 92,Taurus (copy of Beretta), Hi Power,1911 and star model 30

Glock does have the least amount of parts in a pistol, totally is 17 which is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_colt View Post
    The Commander series 80 is my personal favorite too! Albeit in theory only as I was unfortunate to be born in '88 and therefore am part of the "gun-ban" generation here in the UK. Though I'm thinking of visiting either the IOM or Jersey at some point in the next few years. Though I'm not sure if there is any pistol-shooting available to visitors on Jersey (anyone have experience here?)

mr_colt.

P.S. To knowledgeable Colt shooters: Is there any benefit/difference in the Commander series 80 over the series 70 at all?
    Just the extractors

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Yes, I have fired cartridge pistols: .22, .38 Special, 9mm, .45. I like revolvers; don't like or trust automatics very much.

I prefer air pistols to cartridge, for pure shooting fun: little in the way of legal restriction, recoil, noise, penetration or cleaning, and you don't have to make a special trip somewhere to shoot them.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Colt 1911
    Dan Wesson 44
    Colt Python 357 6" stainless
    Browning Hi Power 9mm
    S&W 45 revolver used with full moon clips
    .22 thingy with long rotary mag cant remember make
    2x black powder revolvers

Plus numerous shotties including a 10 shot remmy with compensator and tactical grips.

Solid slug on ticket

Aah those were the days till the b*####**ds took them.
    But still we are all a lot safer now,arent we

In the good old days I had a Colt .45 1911, Browning Hi Power, S&W mod 19, .357mag, S&W chief special (5 shot .38, 2" barrel), Tanfoglio D/A 9mm, Uberti "rolling block" (single shot 8" barrel) M1 carbine, Rossi lever action .357 and a few others.

I used to work for a company called Parker Hale who made sporting rifles and one day had a chance to test fire a .458 winchester magnum. It's the kind of thing they use to shoot elephant........ MAJOR KICK.

My 1911 was bought 3rd hand and the original owner was a guy called Colin Moore who was in the UK practical pistol squad. I met him at a competition once and curiously he immediately recognised his old pistol, even though it was in my holster.

He said that he had fired 250,000 rounds thru it. I must have fired about 10,000 during the time before the ban. It was still accurate and I never once had a jam... nicely run in.

Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    My 1911 was bought 3rd hand and the original owner was a guy called Colin Moore who was in the UK practical pistol squad. I met him at a competition once and curiously he immediately recognised his old pistol, even though it was in my holster.

He said that he had fired 250,000 rounds thru it. I must have fired about 10,000 during the time before the ban. It was still accurate and I never once had a jam... nicely run in.
    The 1911 and Hi Power are great pistols, the only downside to them is that you have to spend additional money on them to customise them. Hi power has mag safety,thats needs to be removed, you will need to changed sights to high profile, trigger pull and creep is awful, extended slide release and extended stafety. The same applies to 1911 except for mag safety.