Thread: Steyr LP1 optimum muzzle velocity.

Steyr LP1 optimum muzzle velocity.

Hi

I am using H&N Finale Match Pistol 4.49 pellets.

Can you give me the optimum muzzle velocity?

Cam

about 400fps for a target pistol at 10m. although power is not an issue with target shooting. i have even lowered my steyrs. do you know what yours is at present?
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    about 400fps for a target pistol at 10m. although power is not an issue with target shooting. i have even lowered my steyrs. do you know what yours is at present?
    Hi

No!

I had to strip the hammer out because the grease that Steyr use(d) dried up and caused the hammer to stick.

I have had the gun for about 8 years but the hammer started sticking after only 2 years and I did not own a chrono at the time.

Anyway, I will continue searching for optimum velocities.

Many thanks for your post.

Cam

If you have a large supply of a particular pellet, then tune your velocity to make the best groups with that pellet. My LP10 was adjusted to just less than 500fps in. Since I had a case of a particular pellet I tuned the pistol to that pellet as best I could and ended up with two "sweet spots", one at just slightly over 400fps and the other at just slightly below 500fps. I went with the latter and it seems to have worked well.

Many posts in the past have suggested the overall LP-10 system of recoil absorption, barrel venting and muzzle compensator seem to work best in the 520-540fps range. Whether you can find a pellet that shoots well at those velocities will be largely limited by the range of pellets available to you.

Hope this helps a little, but a crono is essential!!
    Make every shot count.