I was out and about at my main shoot this afternoon into early evening carefully moving along the edge of a field. I'd already just managed to bag a woodie - nothing special - a blind man could have shot it.
Anyway, as usual all the bunnies did their disappearing act before I got near them when suddenly my attention was moved to a rustling sound in the field of crops to my right and slightly below me. A drainage ditch separated the two fields.

Carefully and slowly I took up a kneeling position and readied my gun trying to calculate the distance to the target as I melted down to the earth.
Gaining the correct focus on my scope I caught a flash of white.
A Magpie? Too large. Then a flash of black.
Suddenly the view of a large adult Badger presented itself to me as it went about its bed gathering business.
Unaware of my presence it continued taking the fresh bedding back to its den. This was down a slope into what is mainly a large rabbit warren area. Anyone who's ever seen this will know that it is quite interesting as the Badger trundles this backwards with its' front paws.

After a while I stood up sraight and continued watching this spectacle for some moments until eventually Mrs Badger realised she had an audience and made a quick dash for her den.

There are two things here worth mentioning further. How important it is not to fire off a shot when you can't see your target no matter how tempting it is to do and second what a privilege it is to be able to see such a magnificant wild animal.
(Yes I know there is controversy about Badgers - Bovine TB carriers to cattle - (dubious) - digging holes and so on, but in my opinion they are splendid creatures and deserve all the protection we can give them).

Fortunately my landowner is sympathetic towards Badgers and I know this one will have an excellent chance of being left alone.
The downside is that I will refrain from going to that particular area now very often.

What an interesting hobby this is. You never know what you're likely to see.