Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Umarex colt!

That is a great looking pistol and being a .45 fan I would definately buy one .

The notches in the slide would seem to suggest that the slide moves - I really hope so even if its not a blowback model .

The position indicates only a little rearwards movement - nothing like a real .45 - but being able to lock back the slide for safety purposes etc would be a bonus for me .

I also like the safety catch on this model - very well positoned and practical.

All told - this .45 looks a winner . Want one .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

It's difficult to get excited about a toy. I hate the C02 "pistols" that try not very hard to emulate real guns. I used to shoot real guns and these are no substitute, that thing is a weak copy (and i used to shoot 1911A1s.). Make the best of what you have, don't buy toys that play to ignorance.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Oh my god, want one, must have one, ok here goes, Wife and two kids for sale, wife serviced regularly, needs to warm up slowly in the morning but then good all day, kid's low mileage though one does have a problem with it's management system. Will not split and no trial runs. Cash offer's only will not swap for another wife and kid's.

Jason
    Post pics!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by jtw000 View Post
    It's difficult to get excited about a toy. I hate the C02 "pistols" that try not very hard to emulate real guns. .
    Oh no....... We've got another Andy_J on board...
    When he comes back from his ban you should sign up to his R.A.P.E. club

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

If 2 people have the same opinion then one of them is no longer necessary. These toys are a waste of money and I've had them all, hoping they were the next best thing after I lost my guns. They're not even a poor substitute. Airsoft prove that toy guns can be built to a decent standard but these, potentially more dangerous are built appallingly.

Bitter

If 2 people have the same opinion then one of them is no longer necessary. These toys are a waste of money and I've had them all, hoping they were the next best thing after I lost my guns. They're not even a poor substitute. Airsoft prove that toy guns can be built to a decent standard but these, potentially more dangerous are built appallingly.
    Obviously still bitter about losing your pistols. You are entitled to your opinion but these guns have a place

It's difficult to get excited about a toy.
    So don't.

I hate the C02 "pistols" that try not very hard to emulate real guns.
    Then I'd suggest that you may possibly have stumbled into the wrong section. You'll find the exit towards the top left of your screen

These toys are a waste of money and I've had them all, hoping they were the next best thing after I lost my guns.
    There's at least 35 members of the UBC who would disagree with your "opinion" - for that is all it is.

I smell troll.

It's difficult to get excited about a toy. I hate the C02 "pistols" that try not very hard to emulate real guns. I used to shoot real guns and these are no substitute, that thing is a weak copy (and i used to shoot 1911A1s.). Make the best of what you have, don't buy toys that play to ignorance.
    We do make the best of what we've got.
    Until our government comes to its senses and give us our guns back, we have to make do with Co2! but having said that, I "ENJOY" my Co2's although they dont have the loud bang and the recoil of "REAL" firearms, I love em, and I have no hesitation in allowing my little girl to use them as well.
    If you dont like them, then take a hike and find another BBS thread more suitable to your particular taste.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Tony's right!

1) you make do with what you have available to you.

2) nobody said that these CO2 real-gun-lookalikes are supposed to be on a par with the real thing: however,

(a) see 1) above!

(b) everything in life fills its own niche.

Even people who own cartridge pistols can still own, enjoy, and see the advantages of these CO2 lookalikes. They're safer, quieter, subject to less restriction, more pleasant to fire, and can serve as a convenient and inexpensive fun or practice pistol: not only as a substitute for, but also as a trainer for, a cartridge pistol.

They have their place. You just have to understand that that place isn't exactly the same one as a cartridge pistol.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by animal17 View Post
    I have just collected the air pistol version
    I will let you see it later if you are all good
    Were all always good (well mostly)
    Come on get the details up and a piccy.
    Why are we waiting, oh why are we waiting (best catawailing voice)

Damn it gonna rain now and I wont get no practice for the pistol shoot comp!
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Tony's right!

1) you make do with what you have available to you.

2) nobody said that these CO2 real-gun-lookalikes are supposed to be on a par with the real thing: however,

(a) see 1) above!

(b) everything in life fills its own niche.

Even people who own cartridge pistols can still own, enjoy, and see the advantages of these CO2 lookalikes. They're safer, quieter, subject to less restriction, more pleasant to fire, and can serve as a convenient and inexpensive fun or practice pistol: not only as a substitute for, but also as a trainer for, a cartridge pistol.

They have their place. You just have to understand that that place isn't exactly the same one as a cartridge pistol.

Jim
    Here here, and to quote Admiral Adama (BSG) "So say we all!"
    (Airgun Section)

Yes it is my opinion based on the evidence to hand. I don't know what a troll is but I know what you are. Of course, that's just my opinion too.

I don't know what a troll is but I know what you are. Of course, that's just my opinion too.
    You don't know what I am: you just think you know. Once again, it's your opinion, which from what I've seen thus far has been demonstrably erroneous.

FYI: a troll is someone who seeks to cause disharmony and uproar by the deliberate posting of controversial statements designed to provoke.

A bit like posting that all Umarex CO2 guns are crap on a thread about Umarex CO2 guns, really.

Seems my previous comments are spot on then! My comments and opinions are perfectly valid to this conversation, I am sorry you don't like it when someone disagrees with you. My full take on this pistol is that it is a waste of time. The older guns had at least the virtue of being better made than most and to now fit the tube mag with the C02 is a step towards a decrease in quality. In fact there are several new guns, a Tangfolio replica and a Sig which appear to use the same mag system and i think this is going to be another. The quality is poor throughout the entire range of affordable multi-shot C02 pistols. You may be happy with that, I am not. I'm not out to cause trouble and I fail to see why a different opinion to yours should present any. I didn't make any personal comments, i just dislike that gun.
    I am bitter that I can no longer shoot my weapons of choice. You all should be too. You may not have lost your pistols but you lost your choice and more than that along with it. Your ownership rights are sliding away all the time and soon you'll lose the right to own what you play with now. It is coming and it will happen. That's why I'm bitter.

I moved away from the Umarex type pistols as I enjoy the PCPs' but I still have a S&W for the fun factor...nothing better for stress relief!..
    No..they're not a substitute for a "proper" pistol but take them for what they are...a fun replacement which can give hours of pleasure to all shooting addicts. They don't need to be the quality required for a "proper" pistol but I think the quality is perfectly adequate for the job in hand....
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but should respect the other persons right to enjoy their hobby with the equipment they can afford...by all means give us your thoughts but then back off and stop flogging the proverbial!!!!...
    Eric.