Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any good gun shops left in wales ???

Quote Originally Posted by plonker View Post
    They took it over ages ago
    He did post it in July 2008
    AMT Lightning Winchester 250
    Berretta Silver Pigeon II ... Nikko Daiwa 12g
    AA TX200 .177 Prosport .22 HW 90 .22 Venom .22

I have been using South and West Country Sports at Aberkenfig Bridgend. tel 01656-743800. Nice cupper for free plenty of time for u, allways happy to order if they dont have it in stock. Ask for Phill Ash, or his Son Lee or his good Lady Tina. atb.
    Last edited by fat man; 03-04-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: bad graamer

keens

Iv spent thousand s in keens over the years,when I'm trying to buy rifles, scope charging gear etc they act like my best mate. if you try striking up conversation about last nites hunt or hft comp etc they totally blow you out. Very expensive too, waste of time. Atb Ryan

hi there

Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    Hi Gents.
    Are there any good gunshops left in wales ??
    I go to Dai moses in Neath but he dosn' have a gr8 selection,
    I dont like Keens in aberkenfig, If you dont want to spend a grand they dont want to know

Litt has gone t!ts up

Where else, is Tightlines in Ammanford still selling guns ??
    Any suggestions..
    Thanks
    Will G..
    i have stopped going to keens because they r such a rip of and there is no customer service !!. been going there 4 years and now i go to neath gun shop much better. i live about 1 mile from keens so that says how bad the service u get there is and don't buy second had from there cos i have had probs with every thing i have bought from there second hand .do your self a favour and go to neath 4 second hand he is a gun smith after all and knows what he is on about .and will let u pick the guns up and have a good look at then not like keens .they just make u feel uncomfortable me and 2 of my friends r dun with them we have all spent loads of money there and they r still the oddest bunch u could imagine running a shop . the new gunshop in kenfighill r tidy though i do have to say great service and welcoming

Cool want a new gun bsa ultra been to keens for a look cant get a quid off a new

been to keens to have a look for an ultra multi shot cant get a quid off.maybe they dont want my money i was in my work clothes at the time so looking for another place to speend it any ideas one more thing were about,s is neath gun shop thanks

Tight Lines Ammanford.

As above very much up and running, mainly orientated to game fishing but carry supplies for other disciplines. A great little shop run by salt of the earth types. The air gun section carries a limited stock of guns but carries plenty of accessories, good pellet selection. Obviously you stock what you sell. But they will get you whatever you need. Always good for a chat help and advice. Have carried out repairs to. This shop has loads of potential and if more people made use of it then it would only get better. It,s a case of use it or lose it!.
    Seashot.

i would also recomend neath gun shop
    bought a new crosman 2250xt king rat complete with 4x32 scope and mounts plus 2 spare co2 canisters and tin of pellets all for £200,good price i thought
    very friendly and helpful

Neath Gun Shop

Wherer about is the neath gun shop?
    Does he have an internet shop or?
    Im looking to purchase a new .177 for lamping, I called in Keens and they stood up to their reputation didnt like the service or the prices of goods so am looking to get the gun from elsewhere.

If anyone could recommend a good, powerful .177 with sights etc for £350 max it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sam27 View Post
    Wherer about is the neath gun shop?
    Does he have an internet shop or?
    Im looking to purchase a new .177 for lamping, I called in Keens and they stood up to their reputation didnt like the service or the prices of goods so am looking to get the gun from elsewhere.

If anyone could recommend a good, powerful .177 with sights etc for £350 max it would be greatly appreciated.
    Might be a bit late, but Try Arthur Bale in Cathays friendly good knowledge of airguns have some stock but can order in if not in stock and are competitive good range of pellets and extras as well.

http://www.arthurbale.co.uk/
    Might get a deal on a TX200 or HW95 with scope in budget
    http://www.arthurbale.co.uk/p48846/A...b290-2721-2721
    http://www.arthurbale.co.uk/p48872/W...b290-2723-2723

Can reccomend Mid Wales Shooting Ground good selection of guns the owner Jonathan is very helpful by the way he now owns South and West Guns at Kenfig

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Richards View Post
    Arthur Bales in Richmond Road Cardiff William.
    You cant get friendlier, more knowledgeable staff.

They dont keep a huge range in but can order anything and always do a great deal, I ve bought my Scorpion and HW95K from them.

http://www.arthurbale.co.uk/

Andrew
    I will second this motion, Couldn't be more helpful! top top bloke!
    There are 10 types of people that use binary code there are those that understand it and those that dont!

A1 Guns wales

I have visited a new shop in swansea near pontarddulais, they guys there are really helpful and welcoming. Some really cool custom rifles and there prices are really good.

neath gun shop for me to , bought my rapid adapter for a fiver some charge 15 squid and bought my stealth charger and adapter for 20 squid ,,,,,,,some shops wanted 40 squid + ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and he knows what doing and very helpfull ,,,,,,,my mate just bought a hw90 with walnut custom stock not a standard 90 with scopes ,,,,,for £225 it was mint from neath gun shop ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jay888 View Post
    I have visited a new shop in swansea near pontarddulais, they guys there are really helpful and welcoming. Some really cool custom rifles and there prices are really good.
    I second the gun shop in Pontarddulias,(A1 Guns 01792885892, post code SA4 8QN) very friendly and helpfull.They have been tradeing for about 9 months.They do custom stocks,Shot guns,air rifles,full bore guns and ammo.They have a 25mtr shooting range were you can try out the air rifles or a new scope and a free crono service,plus the kettle is allways on for a coffee or a cuppa tea.

Been really good reading this thread. bought my first feinwerkbau 124 for Arther bale in Cardiff 25 years ago. Was good then glad he still going strong. Its also answered a few of the questions i have been meaning to ask. Now live closer to the end of the M4 up west towards Carmarthenshire. bought a falcon raptor a few years back from Field and Target sports in pembroke dock. anyone now if thses are still trading or in A1 guns my closet and Neath highly recommended as my best gun shops now locally.

thanks and hello to everyone.