Thread: Aircorn Antiques

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Talking Aircorn Antiques

Regarding another topic post in another section (yes I have discovered other sections beyond collectors corner on the BBS, but if you go over, do hurry back as it's scary out there ), forum friend exmoor beast (Jason), has p-m'd me and in jest told me to get back to Aircorn Antiques. Well the cogs whirred, the wheels clanked and then suddenly "plop" the penny dropped, and images of the spoof soap sketch Acorn Antiques featuring Judy Walters and Victoria Wood came flooding back (and that was scary too). I haven't stopped chuckling since . Have used the play on words of Aircorn Antiques twice tonight in p-m's already, and will no doubt use it repeatedly now until it dies a natural death. But never one to steal another man's thunder, I need to go on record at the onset to say that however much I'd like to, I can not take the credit for the conception of this word play, as that honour -- as stated -- lies firmly with exmoor beast . Off to chuckle some more now. Byee: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 12-08-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: coz I can :-)

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Spoof

What do you mean spoof ? after going in some shops round here I thought Acorn Antiques was a fly on the wall documentary, like Eastenders.
    You'll be telling us next there's no SANTA or TOOTH FAIRY.
    All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    ... No no no! Tell me it isn't so . Ha ha ha. Must visit Nuneaton again soon then, and visit the antique shops . Atb M8: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Nuneaton Birth Place Of Mary Whitehouse

I must piont out that the most attractive thing in this area to visitors is the Watling Street Roman Road (A5), as it enables you to completely miss both the towns of Nuneaton and Hinckley.
    Cheers Mick

webley

Hi all,
    New guy, webley senior .177 and unmarked .177 rifle to sell, how best do I do it?
    Cheers.
    Vini, vidi, whats the blokes name? used to play football now a movie type?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    What do you mean spoof ? after going in some shops round here I thought Acorn Antiques was a fly on the wall documentary, like Eastenders.
    All the best Mick
    If we are 'Aircorn Antiques' can the other side be 'Bellenders'?

ATB
    Ian

p.s. Are we allowed to say Bellenders?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wasaprop View Post

Hi all,
    New guy, webley senior .177 and unmarked .177 rifle to sell, how best do I do it?
    Cheers.
    Hi wasaprop and welcome to Collectors Corner (aka Acorn Antiques ). Best way to sell something? Read all the stickies (rules), start a sales thread for the item you wish to sell with a price etc, in the sales section, or if also collectable (as your Senior is), also with an advert for it in that/this section, too, but make sure you mention it is advertised twice to avoid buyer confusion etc. Worst way to sell something? Find an unrelated thread that is over two years old, and attach a post to it about selling stuff . Ha ha. Sorry matey, couldn't resist . Thread now closed so it can sink again unhindered. Atb: G.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

p.s. Are we allowed to say Bellenders?
    ... Only on days that end with a 'Y' ...