Thread: Duelling pistols

Duelling pistols

Well I'll be 40 in February and a fair few years back I promised I would treat myself when this age was upon me.

To this end, I have saved up my money and have got around £4500 to play with BUT I must spend it on something worthy, not waste it.

As I collect antique firearms, I thought it would be great to buy a set of cased duelling pistols. Unfortunately, even £4k won't get you much! If anyone knows of a nice set going for a reasonable amount, please would you kindly let me know?

many thanks and fingers crossed!
    Nick

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    Well I'll be 40 in February and a fair few years back I promised I would treat myself when this age was upon me.

To this end, I have saved up my money and have got around £4500 to play with BUT I must spend it on something worthy, not waste it.

As I collect antique firearms, I thought it would be great to buy a set of cased duelling pistols. Unfortunately, even £4k won't get you much! If anyone knows of a nice set going for a reasonable amount, please would you kindly let me know?

many thanks and fingers crossed!
    Nick
    Njaw, I can't answer your question, but you might want to check out the Muzzleloaders Association of Great Britain (MLAGB) site. They have a collectors' section there.

It's not a very active forum, though.

Good luck in your search!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks Jim, I'll take a look.

Try these
    Holts
    They run four auctions a year, next one is due September.
    If you let them know what you are looking for they should be able to help.

Not much help but worth keeping an eye on these

No duelling pistols in your price range when i checked but you never know what might come up

Good luck

Thanks for the pointers. I will keep an eye on the auction and the website.

thanks again to all