Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB22 or 2240, which one?

EB22 or 2240, which one?

OK time to make a new purchase. I have identified a need for a full power CO2 pistol in .22 calibre, well that's what I told her anyway , and have narrowed the choice to the Crosman 2240 or the Sheridan EB22.

Apart from price, Sportsman Gun Centre are advertising the 2240 for seventy quid at the moment (current Gun Mart ad.) making it by far the cheaper, what else is there that makes one stand out from the other?

All comments appreciated.
    thanks
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

The EB22 is smaller, the Crosman kicks its arse in every other department. It's better made in every way and can be tuned, customised and improved. Do what I did... get both.

I have owned and used both the Crossman & the Sheriden. The EB22 is all metal construction with Walnut grips and the most compact. It is also the most durable.

The 2240 is larger and has plastic components, including the sights, grips and bolt housing. Its construction is built to a very low price, as low as $40 in the US. It is however the best to shoot with a better sight picture and a better hold. Just don’t de drop it as it will fall to bits. It can be customised into a decent quality tool which will far out shoot the EB22 but at some expense and work.

Both are about 5.5 ft/lb out of the box on a warm day. The EB will last a lifetime in your fishing box or kitchen drawer. The 2240 will provide great shooting until it breaks.
    Make every shot count.

Quote Originally Posted by jtw000 View Post
    The EB22 is smaller, the Crosman kicks its arse in every other department. It's better made in every way and can be tuned, customised and improved. Do what I did... get both.
    Owned both, still have the Sheridan. You are dreaming if you think the Crosman is better built out of the box.
    Great deals with Chippy K, Gareth W-B, Mr Punch, W Preston, Super Shooter, ayrtaxidermy

Got an EB22, love it. Apart from new grips and taking the bolt probe diameter to help gas flow doesn't seem to be a lot you can do to improve it (please someone prove me wrong..)

The 2240 seems to be something you can mod more succesfully and there have been some cracking models pictured in this section.

At £70 I might be tempted to invest in one, (Quick Eric slap me.....)

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

The sheridan is ok but nothing special. It's basically a Crosman design built to a lower standard. Strip it down and examine the parts! Yes the Crosman is cheap but for a few quid more becomes a way better gun. The walnut grips are crap with a single screw so the flop about, the sights are a bent piece of plate, it's painted over, has moulding seems and the barrel is glued on. It's way better than most C02 so i can forgive but it's still not great.

Thanks for the replies, it looks like you've helped me make the decision.
    I'll buy the Crosman.

........and then maybe the Sheridan later
    Jef

Pistol choice

Hi Jef,

How much to you want to spend and what do you want to do with the pistol.

You get a lot more for your dosh if you buy from the States, suggest www.auctionarms.com, www.forthehunt.com, etc

The Crosman 2300s or 2300t may be of interest, in .177, around 4ft lb but a higher spec.

Check out this item
    http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/Vi...Item=103394056

All the best

Ian
    http://www.dukinfieldagc.org.uk/
    Dukinfield Air Gun Club
    Stockfield Mill, Chadderton, OL9 9EW

Quote Originally Posted by thaijamie View Post
    mine will be going on sale soon
    Selling it so soon?, or do you mean another one, being displaced by the shiney new toy?
    Jef

nope i mean the shiny one ,ive offered it to cookie on first dibs ,ive collected to many pistols and rifles over the last few weeks. to many inpulse buys. i'm off to thailand in september to look for a condo, so after that i'll really only be in the uk 6 months of the yr. i should be selling them all not just some. still to come in the post is the eb22 shiny one, a boxed tempest , a boxed hurricane a boxed record jumbo ive got a hw45 up for sale and a sharp innova, hmm sure there something else ive forgot.

jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Got an EB22, love it. Apart from new grips and taking the bolt probe diameter to help gas flow doesn't seem to be a lot you can do to improve it (please someone prove me wrong..)

The 2240 seems to be something you can mod more succesfully and there have been some cracking models pictured in this section.

At £70 I might be tempted to invest in one, (Quick Eric slap me.....)

Russ
    ########################*SMACK!!!!!!!!############*

Better now Russ???....

nope i mean the shiny one ,ive offered it to cookie on first dibs ,ive collected to many pistols and rifles over the last few weeks. to many inpulse buys. i'm off to thailand in september to look for a condo, so after that i'll really only be in the uk 6 months of the yr. i should be selling them all not just some. still to come in the post is the eb22 shiny one, a boxed tempest , a boxed hurricane a boxed record jumbo ive got a hw45 up for sale and a sharp innova, hmm sure there something else ive forgot.

jamie
    Jamie!!!!....selling!!!!!...and offering to Jason first!!!!...I'm gutted!!!!!....
    Eric.

sorry eric , jason was amazed that i got it of andy, so i pm him today to say i was selling it , hmm dont wont to fall out with anybody so i'll just put it up for sale in an open thread , then first come gets it , maybe the fairest way if anybody is interested

sorry eric , jason was amazed that i got it of andy, so i pm him today to say i was selling it , hmm dont wont to fall out with anybody so i'll just put it up for sale in an open thread , then first come gets it , maybe the fairest way if anybody is interested
    Don't be an idiot!!!!....only jesting!!!!......
    Sell it to the man that's dampening his trousers at the thought of it...not the man who'd shoot it for a fortnight then sell it to go on to the next one...y'know...a pistol tart!!!!...don't know one though...
    Eric.