Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EB22 or 2240, which one?

pistol tart lol who could you be talking about

I've no idea.....

Well, got it today, a nice shiney new 2240, £70 from my local gunshop, I didn't even need to make the trip to Exeter. The only dissapointment was the packaging, no box just a clear plastic 'blister' pack that you have to destroy to open. I really hate this type of packaging

I've put ten pellets through it so far, first impressions?

not too heavy and very 'pointable'.
    first five pellets grouped reasonably at 6 yds (within a 1 1/4" circle, single handed with sights 'out of the box')
    trigger a bit heavy but predictable
    plenty of scope for modifications

oh and LOUD, perhaps the first mod could be a mod

Should keep me occupied for a few months in the workshop.

Excellent value at seventy quid, Jeffery's a happy bunny today
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Ok Guy's and Gal's put those shades on now
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/P7150145.jpg

I know you have all seen her before, but it's worth putting up another photo.

Ok she may look beautiful, but this baby packs a serious punch.

Not the most accurate in the world, but hey who cares when it looks this good.
    Last edited by cookie; 17-07-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Congratulations on your buy

I had a 2240, did some mods to it, fitted the steel bolt housing from the king ratcatcher, and fitted a trigger shoe, which helped with the trigger pull.

I tried loads of different pellets in it, found the best to be the Dynamic SN1 "tinnies", around 12 grain, powerful, shot flat & hit hard, very accurate. I was surprised, as all of my other pistols & rifles hated them!

I had a lot of fun with it & spent many hours kicking tin cans up the garden from 10 - 40 yards, eventually gave it to my brother as part of an exchange for something else, tried to get it back off him a while back, but the answer was a resounding NO! He was having far too much fun with it!

There are loads of good bits around for it, have a look at crooked barn and RB Grips in the US.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Regards

PaulM

Hey Cookie,you could have given a warning before posting that pic .......I would have put my shades on

that's one really nice looking pistol mate

atb,Porky/Keith

Sorry Keith, Warning added.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the

Aaaaagh! I've gone blind.

Is this the one that went walkabout on its way to Jamie? If so I'm glad it turned up, it's too nice to be languishing in the hands of some thieving scrote who wouldn't appreciate it.
    Jef

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Aaaaagh! I've gone blind. Is this the one that went walkabout on its way to Jamie? If so I'm glad it turned up, it's too nice to be languishing in the hands of some thieving scrote who wouldn't appreciate it.
    It certainly is, and now safe and sound in my little collection.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    A beautiful pistol, congratulations.

May be too bright for New Orleans, though, with our semi-tropical sun.

By the way, New Orleans climate is officially described as "semi-tropical". But do you know what that means?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    By the way, New Orleans climate is officially described as "semi-tropical". But do you know what that means?

Jim
    Stop bragging Jim the UK is now Semi Tropical as well, semi Tropical Rain Forest, it now only rains here 363 days of the year.

Jason

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Stop bragging Jim the UK is now Semi Tropical as well, semi Tropical Rain Forest, it now only rains here 363 days of the year.

Jason
    Here we joke that "semi-tropical" means that we sweat our asses off most of the time: but still get to freeze our asses off once in awhile!

Actually, it's beautiful here, most of the time, from November through April: cool to warm, with an occasional hot day, and an occasional cold one. I love it here that time of year.

May through October, it's sickeningly hot and humid. I'd rather be elsewhere then, if I could.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Well, got it today, a nice shiney new 2240, £70 from my local gunshop, I didn't even need to make the trip to Exeter. The only dissapointment was the packaging, no box just a clear plastic 'blister' pack that you have to destroy to open. I really hate this type of packaging

I've put ten pellets through it so far, first impressions?

not too heavy and very 'pointable'.
    first five pellets grouped reasonably at 6 yds (within a 1 1/4" circle, single handed with sights 'out of the box')
    trigger a bit heavy but predictable
    plenty of scope for modifications

oh and LOUD, perhaps the first mod could be a mod

Should keep me occupied for a few months in the workshop.

Excellent value at seventy quid, Jeffery's a happy bunny today
    Hi Jef, ok you got me hooked on the 2240 too now where,s this shop too near Bristol ?
    Brian
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

You have PM Brian.
    Jef