Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Falcon Menace 4-14x44 FFP MP

Hi all,

I have put one of these on a HW100k and all I can say is the quality is amazing. My opinion is a little one sided I admit as this is the most expensive scope I own. I have looked through the same model lightstream in the shop and as an amateur it did look brighter and a little clearer. However I did not think it justified the extra money. I have hit everything I have aimed for and even focused in on the fibres on the paper targets.

Try one you will be pleasently suprised.

Hi ya,

Thanks for the info. Quick question... How do you find the weight as it looks quite a heavy scope

I have 4 of these Menace FFPs now, and yes they are quite heavy (Falcons tend to be heavy anyway).

Like most Falcons they are also rather fussy about Head Position ie. they force you to use the correct head position & distance - some people might not like that aspect.

If you regularly use the higher ranges of magnification then consider the Skeleton reticle as the normal ret. side bars get rather obtrusive above 9/10 X.

i have a falcon 7x50 that was on my .223 when i bought it, and whilst waiting for the rifle to arrive i purchased a zeiss diavari 3-12x56 to replace the falcon but having used the falcon i have decided to keep it on the .223 and use the zeiss on my hmr

Hello,
    just thought I would throw my two peneth worth into the mix.
    I have had a 4-14 FFP Metric on a 308 tactical rifle for just over a season now and it has performed superbly! When I brought the rifle it had a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16 on it, but I had trouble with elevation out to 1000 yds as the Bushnell has a 25mm tube and I ran out of clicks. I was really impressed with the Falcons optical clarity and construction (and it looks damn good on top of the rifle!) although it is a little fussy on eye relief.
    So far, I have shot about 800 'warm' rounds with it on top and no issues at all.
    I confess to not being an expert on optics, but I can give an honest opinion on something that I am well impressed with
    P.S. Have given the Bushnell to my wife for her 223 so in the good books with her too!

Thumbs up

I recieved a 4-14x44 ffp today and Im over the moon with it not only is it clear as a bell it looks imo awsome

Everyone who looks through my falcon FFP is amazed at just how good it is optically , superb scopes in my opinion .

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

They are GOOD
    Bsa Superten MK2K .22 John Bowkett Falcon Merlin 10x42
    Bsa Superten MK2 Rifle .177 John Bowkett Falcon Merlin 10x42
    Diana Firebird 52 .22, Hawke 4x32

I love the scope to bits Ive been using it for hunting and Ive done some of the best shots for an airrifle Ive done.

But Im being fussy but Im finding the weight an issue as Ive got a gammy leg so im going back to a 25mm tube scope on the hw100 and the falcon may have to sit on something lighter.

For give my ignorance but can someone explain to me what the difference is between the metric and non metric version, and its benifits if any?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin(rockape) View Post
    For give my ignorance but can someone explain to me what the difference is between the metric and non metric version, and its benifits if any?

Martin
    Sussed it

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin(rockape) View Post
    Sussed it

Martin
    Rockapes do tend to take a little longer to get the gist than most

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    Rockapes do tend to take a little longer to get the gist than most

Martin