Thread: Falcon PCP pistol

Falcon PCP pistol

Hi

Does anyone here own one of these? Im having a butchers at them, look the part, 6ft lbs 8 shot mag and a decent lenght barrell.

Can't fnd a sniff of info about them!

Hi....I purchased a single shot Falcon FN6 a few weeks ago in .177. Very nice pistols and deadle accurate with a pistol scope or quality Red Dot scope on board.
    The FN6 is a 6" and the FN8 is an 8"...my FN6 does 30 shots on a fill of 185 bar.
    Not much more I can tell you at the moment as it's still new to me but can recommend the Falcons...
    Eric.

http://www.hurwitt.co.uk/airgun/misc/fn8-wg.jpg

This has gained me a load of pistol HFT trophies over the last few years. The only thing I'd change it for is an FX Ranchero but as they're not available left-handed....

Jonathan

Jonathon.....is that the FN8, if so I wonder how many shots per fill you get?..
    Eric.

Yes, it's an FN8-WG in .177. I think I get around 45 shots at 5.8 ftlbs but it's nearly always topped up after 30. I used to have it turned down to 5.2 ftlbs to get 55 shots as the comps at Lea Valley are 50 shots.

Jonathan

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post

This has gained me a load of pistol HFT trophies over the last few years. The only thing I'd change it for is an FX Ranchero but as they're not available left-handed....

Jonathan
    Pretty pistol: but looks as though it needs a shoulder stock!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Yes, it's an FN8-WG in .177. I think I get around 45 shots at 5.8 ftlbs but it's nearly always topped up after 30. I used to have it turned down to 5.2 ftlbs to get 55 shots as the comps at Lea Valley are 50 shots.

Jonathan
    Thanks for that Jonathon.....are they easy to tune down a bit as I haven't ventured into mine that far yet...
    My FN6 is the newer model that's cocked by the loading bolt so don't know if it would be the same adjustment...I'll take a pic an put up as soon as I can...
    Regards...Eric.

It's very easy on an older one like mine but I wouldn't be surprised if anti-tamper came in at the same time as the combined loading/cocking bolt. We've got one of the rifles in that style in stock so I might have a look....

Jonathan

What sort of range do they have?

I can throw mine a good 25 yards with the wind behind me....
    Sorry, couldn't resist that!!!.....I shoot mine at 15 yards in the garden and it's almost pellet on pellet rested but I see no reason for it not to be accurate at least twice that far.
    As Jonathon shoots HFT I'm sure he'll have a better idea than me.
    Jonathon...mine's a year old so you could be right about anti-tamper...
    Eric.

Jonathan
    I've got a ranchero and although you seem to think that they're not available for lefties, they are. I find mine deadly accurate at any range, faultless in operation but they are heavy!! Twice the size of my HW45, well not really but they're big. Two handed pistol, second hand used for support and not for control-for me anyway I might turn mine into a 15ftlb carbine Like the FNs though, can be customised too!

Thanks for that news. Ben Taylor was very definite that there was no lh version. I'll have a word with Deben when we put another order in. The FN8 is pretty heavy too and very nose heavy with the upright grip not helping at all.

Jonathan

Left Hand Grips

B.A.R.
    Offer Falcons in L/hand grips at £22 extra so you could see if they do them for your choice of pistol.
    Sorry this is an add for the opposition but it's where you find the kit.

Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!