Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pellet first shot/kill problem

Try this one, I shoot a .17 HMR with well over 100ftlb and it does about 2560fps and I once shot a Hare with it at 40 yards in the head, it ran around in circles so I gave it another. When I got to it one side of its head had gone, these rounds explode on impact and then on the other hand I have shot them with my 12ftlb .177 and stoned them at 50 yds, there are no hard and fast rules with life, you can only do your best to make it a clean kill.
    ATB Bobb D

James M Guest
    I will look at the head next time. I suppose it's a bit like shooting deer from varying angles, you have to aim for the internal organs. I've been a bit spoilt cos I've been using my rimmy alot (1500+ bunnies since last harvest) so I've got out of the habbit of really planning my shots. It tend to be head or heart at any angle and they will drop.
    I've been donated some pellets by BOB/R, thankyou again kind sir. I've yet to zero up and try them (Extermintors) but I will soon and will share my joy.
    Thanks for all the lines of thought fellas.
    James

napier Guest
    i find the very best shot for instant kill is in the back of the head ...they dont even twitch..side on= behind and at lower eye level....front on= between the eyes at upper eye level...and i always squeal the head into view

back of head and in the eye works for me, but small bunnys just seem get up an run ,was wondering if there brain is not fully developed,dropped 2 on sunday right place the acrobatics would have won a gold but on hitting the ground legged it , even saw the pellet hit just behind the eye . find the bigger the bunny the faster thay drop,s200 at 11.99 and crosman premier 10.5 gr
    If you pass the
    English boarder illegally you get a job, a driving licence, housing
    benefit,healthcare?????????????????????any where else you go to prison

Zanx Guest
    For every bunny that takes a hit to the head and gets away, there will be 10 Uber Bunnies with extra thick skulls and Millwall tattoos turning up on your patch a month later

Just read your reply Langbaybart.

Bit worried that you are running your outfit at 11.99 Ft Lbs energy.

Suggest you reduce to 11,5 or just under.

At 11.9 you tun the risk of going hot even with a minor temp change or even if one pellet is tighter or slacker in the breech/barrel.

Also, should you be stopped by the police, they can use any ammo they want and you run a very significant risk of being busted ..

Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill