Thread: Weihrauch HW100KT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hw100kt

excellent write up mate, had mine about 3 weeks now and I agreee with you it is sooooooooo easy to use. MIne has a nv set up on.

hw100kt, nvrs-f tactical, doubler & 100mw ir unit & harris bipod
    Last edited by jfkenpoman; 04-07-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: gun details added

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Great report!
    I've had mine a week, and I love it.
    It is actually possible to double load with 2 pellets, though. If you remove the mag and then re-insert, or turn it manually, then push the lever forward it will push another one into the barrel (not that you'd want to do that, of course!).
    Bob.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Good review mate and I agree with you, they are superb guns. I wish I'd been able to keep mine but had to sell to fund other things. If I was in the market for another 12fpe pcp, this would definitely be it though.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Thanks for the good comments guys, much appreciated. What I like most about this rifle, is I expected it to be good for the six hundred odd quid I paid for it, but I never expected it to be this good!

I have tried much more expensive rifles and similarly priced ones including Daystates, but I still think out of the box this rifles beats everything else into the ground, especially on pure functionality. I know this is subjective and I appreciate other peoples opinions will differ to mine. Remember guys, this is just my thoughts.

My biggest criticism is only a small gripe, that the rifle is almost too clinical and easy to shoot. I have noticed however the amount of 100's that have faults seem's to be going up, but I believe this could be down to the fact it is probably the most popular selling pcp rifle and the market is flooded with them. On average at my club there is almost one new 100 arriving amongst us every week. I have to say my review would be very different if there had been any problems with it, but so far it has not missed a beat.

ATB,

Chris.
    Check out my Photography Web Site here

Great review. Had mine for 18 months & its the best PCP I've ever owned bar none. Never had a fault excepting a little damage caused by me when removing the quickfill, soon remedied with a file though. Makes me wonder why I've just decided to sell it!!!!

rotekz is offline Not the Barn Door Trophy winner 2009!
    I've had my HW100 S K version for a week now and love it. Very hard to fault it at all. A small gripe might be that it can't be de-cocked. You have to fire it to do that.

I have yet to go hunting with it and am looking forward to that.
    Day: Weihrauch HW100SK, Richter 3-9x50AOE
    BSA Supersport, Hawke Sport HD 3-9x50
    Night: BSA SuperTEN BB Carbine, ATN Aries MK440.

I agree - an excellent review and a superb rifle, especially in SK configuration. I liked mine so much, I bought another HW100, a full-length sporter this time. Both rifles were supplied with loose barrels but this was soon remedied. Not sure why they don't secure them properly before despatching the guns. Quality of stock woodwork varies greatly: the first rifle had a very light-coloured stock with minimal graining whilst the second had darker wood, well figured. I've seen another on display at a third gunshop with near exhibition grade walnut on it. Despite this, even the woodwork on the first one was significantly better than the stuff they're putting on Theobens these days.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

just wondering whether these guns are regulated?

Quote Originally Posted by rotekz View Post
    I've had my HW100 S K version for a week now and love it. Very hard to fault it at all. A small gripe might be that it can't be de-cocked. You have to fire it to do that.
    The HW100 can be de-cocked. Simply open the sidelever, pull the trigger (it's quite safe to do this, there is no tension on the hammer spring with the lever open) and keeping the trigger pulled close the lever.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    [QUOTE=rotekz;2810002] A small gripe might be that it can't be de-cocked. You have to fire it to do that.

QUOTE]

Yes it can, pull the cocking lever fully back, remove the mag, squeeze the trigger and push the lever forward with the trigger held (like most bolt fed PCPs).

Obviously you will have to put the mag back in on the empty chamber and load or you will put 2 up the spout.

They are that quiet that you may as well just fire it off safely
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by rotekz View Post

I have yet to go hunting with it and am looking forward to that.
    You can de-cock it by pulling the cocking lever back then pulling the trigger and allowing the cocking lever to move forward while the trigger is held pulled back.

Ian