Quote Originally Posted by CameronWilson View Post
Having used one in .177 for some time, there are a few things that I'd like to see addressed in future revisions.

Firstly, the two-piece breech assembly. Mine had the habit of closing-up slightly over a 1,000 shots or so, the result being that it became very difficult to insert/remove the magazines. This could possibly have been addressed by the use of a one-piece mount (possibly).

With the 14-shot magazines, I was enjoying shooting the HW100TK that much, that I was putting an average of a tin of pellets down range every day, so this breech problem became a real nuisance.

Secondly, the cheekpiece of the stock is too low, inviting parallax errors. I know that Weihrauch recently updated the stock with a higher/fuller cheekpiece, so they've obviously had similar feedback from other users – but it's still not high enough, IMO. Also the length-of-pull is quite short, but that will vary from user to user anyways. All of the HW100 shooters that I have met in competition, have either replaced their factory stocks with something like the CS1000, or made their own cheekpiece adjuster.

And thirdly, with regards to accuracy, there is still a large discrepancy between the magazine and the single-shot HFT adapter. Again, IMO, you only get the rifles true accuracy when you are using the HFT adapter.

Over a period of about 6 months, I was pulling my hair out trying to get my HW100TK to group properly. I tried about every single brand of pellet out there, bipods etc. It wasn't until I screwed on a Choate cheekpiece, and switched to the single-shot adapter using JSB Exacts, that I managed to achieve pellet-on-pellet groups at 45yds.

Once I arrived at this ideal configuration, the rifles accuracy was phenomenal – as good as the Steyr I bought to replace it! The HW100TK is still the best handling rifle I've owned, but unfortunately, by the time I got it sorted, I had already agreed to sell it to a fellow club member!

I've often considered buying another HW100TK in .22, so that I could compete in the .22 class at HFT shoots. If I were to go for another one in .177, I would probably go for the full-length version because of the increase shot count.
Greta review but...

Not just me then...

The 2 halves of the action can also move laterally....this can chuck the zero out the window.

I used a 1 piece mount or bridging clamp to lock both halves and the zero stays put.

The bluing on my barrel left a bit to be desired.

The stock...long since gone, I have gone GinB FT01

The worst and most heanous crime IMHO was fitting the stock to the barrel band, which also held the cylinder.

The last thing you want or need is wood (which changes with temp and humidity) being coupled to the barrel.

The first thing snipers of old did was to get rid of the wood round the fore end of the barrels for this reason (and also for harmonics but that came later).

My rifle had the BTAS treatment which did away with this alltogether, although my barrel band had long since gone.

Fit a bipod and that could make things even worse, lean on it a bit and it all goes up to the barrel, the O ring can only do so much.

The safety can also play up, the spring is only held in its channel by being peened and this can let go, safety goes floppy and does it's own thing.

Oh yea, and the design of the valve and seat means that they go hot sooner or later (whether they have addressed this I dont know) and with AT fitted...that is a pain.

That said....

Out of the box, if you get a good one, they are very, very good. get a friday afternoon job

Mine is still the most accurate, consistent rifle I own, in spite of my attempts at interfering with it.

I would buy another, but it would be off to Ben again I am afraid...but no one spends money improving junk do they