Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100KT

Great guns

Good review for a great gun, I deeply regret selling mine. Although that regret is tempered by my ownership of a .20 HW77 which is fabulous!

''I used the rifle for a few weeks quite heavily (shooting about 1500 pellets) and chrono’d it again, as some 100’s have been known for power creep. It was still doing 11.4 ft/lbs with Weihrauch F&T’s, exactly what the factory cert said. So no power creep although it is still early days.''

Beware temperature fluctuations. mine was a whole fp different summer to winter.

Cheers
    Barry

hw100

had mine 2 weeks great rifle saving up for 1.77 now

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good review for a great gun, I deeply regret selling mine. Although that regret is tempered by my ownership of a .20 HW77 which is fabulous!

''I used the rifle for a few weeks quite heavily (shooting about 1500 pellets) and chrono’d it again, as some 100’s have been known for power creep. It was still doing 11.4 ft/lbs with Weihrauch F&T’s, exactly what the factory cert said. So no power creep although it is still early days.''

Beware temperature fluctuations. mine was a whole fp different summer to winter.

Cheers
    Barry
    It would be nice to have to warmer weather to check it !! I will ceck on a hot day and if any diff I will advise on here, thanks for the reminder.

ATB

Chris.
    Check out my Photography Web Site here

Hunting etc

Just a quick up date to the review now the rifle is a good few weeks old. First of all I had it chrono'd at the weekend and I'm glad to say after about 3000 pellets there has been no power creep at all. With the weihrauch pellets it is now at 11.4 ft/lbs, exactly what the certificate said out of the box. I know this issue has affected some 100's latley, but not this one as of yet.

The shot count has gone up slightly as has the optimum pressure range. If I fill to 200 bar, it will allow me to shoot down to 70 bar before the power curve gets too much (checked at 55yards). I can get between 60 - 65 full power shots now. If I risk it and fill to 220 bar (do so at your own risk) I can get 75+ shots easily. Not bad from a tiny 100cc air cylinder.

The action has got a little smoother with use, and is slightly quieter. Apart from that it fires like the day I first took it out of the box. I have made slight adjustments to the trigger tension and first stage, very easy to do, but as always if you don't know what your doing do it in very small stages.

After reading several threads where regulators etc may have been messed with, without the correct knowledge, I have decided not to mess with the gun internals at all.

I have taken it hunting and on the first day I bagged 15 bunnies and 12 woodies, mixed in with a few greys here and there. The clincal shot of this rifle really comes into its own when hunting. It is so 'pointable' and quick to draw a shot to the eye, nothing in range escapes easily.

I allowed my son to have a go and he managed absolutley fine, so I would not worry too much about people saying it is a heavy rifle. In real use its anything but, it handles so well you just don't notice the weight. Even after a 12 hour shoot.

I have given up using a divers bottle for now and fill it with my new hills pump as I have been using it so much. 2 minutes and it is filled to what I want, again down to the small cylinder.

On the HFT range, I have no doubts in the right hands, it hold its own with any other similar offering from the other manufacturers.

Thanks for reading, comments welcome good or bad,

ATB,

Chris
    Last edited by Neomagic; 22-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Nice revue, had mine for a while now, pre AT in .22, did have some probs a while back with power creep but they are all sorted now. Love the bones of the gun, one of the best I have owned, a silent killer put loads of food on the table
    BSA Lighting XL .22 Hawke 3*9*40, HW100 .22 AGS 3*9*50 ir, Daystate X2 .22 Walther 3*9*56 ir, Daystate X2 Merlyn .177 Simmons 3*9*50

Thanks for sharing Neomagic ... super review. The HW100KT ... the rifle of the year.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate them.

ATB,

Chris.

Weihrauch HW100KT

I've been looking for informative reviews on the Weihrauch HW100KT and I enjoyed reading your report.

It's helped me in making up my mind to buy one - thanks

Regards

Steve

Weihrauch HW100KT

Great review Thanks

Talking

very informative , in the process of purchasing one at the moment , following reading this it has confirmed the hw100 is a sound purchase

Had my HW100KT .177 for two weeks and loving it. Got to fire it at 80 yards yesterday and amazed by the accuracy, it's easy and a joy to use.

Richard

Good review thanks

I'll echo Neomagic's report on the HW, although mine's a sporter. I've only had it a week now but i can't praise it highly enough. Went out this afternoon to have a play on some informal targets, my 4th session and i'm delighted with the performance.
    I zeroed it at 35 yards rested and got ragged hole patterns and i ain't no rifle marksman. It will smack a 25mm spinner no prob at the same distance, 2 mags without a miss, then i got bored! Then i tried it at a 60 yard cardboard sheet with circles of mini clay targets (60mm), where i had been zeroing my BRNO rimmy (in front of a 10 foot high soil mound).
    All that was needed was 2 1/2 mildots of hold over to place all the pellets in the circle. I didn't notice any drop in the power from 200 bar down to 90 bar. I suppose it would have been ok to use it lower but i topped it up at the lower end of the green sector on the air gauge.
    It's a lot of money for a rifle, but it's a lot of rifle for the money.

Thumbs up

great review thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rotekz View Post
    I've had my HW100 S K version for a week now and love it. Very hard to fault it at all. A small gripe might be that it can't be de-cocked. You have to fire it to do that.
    The HW100 can be de-cocked. Simply open the sidelever, pull the trigger (it's quite safe to do this, there is no tension on the hammer spring with the lever open) and keeping the trigger pulled close the lever.