Thread: HW40 vs. HW 70

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

HW40 vs. HW 70

How do these two compare, accuracy-wise?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Mmmmm seems to me young Master Jim has a wandering eye. Maybe OCAD, obsessive compulsive airgun disorder. There's no cure, so sit back and enjoy.

From one nut to another

=

Wink oooooooooooooook

the hw40 ,wins hands down,,,,,the trigger is one of the best ive shot,,,my 11 year old daughter,,loves mine..very light too..hw70 too bulky by todays standards

cptman is online now Moody Git.........Apparently?
    hw 70 a classic, hw 40 a future classic is the most accurate (i have both)
    cheers,
    cptman

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Mmmmm seems to me young Master Jim has a wandering eye. Maybe OCAD, obsessive compulsive airgun disorder. There's no cure, so sit back and enjoy.

From one nut to another

=
    Yes, I feel those compulsions very strongly.

I get turned on by pneumatics , by springers, by CO2's: all shapes and sizes...I feel ashamed at times, but I just can't seem to control myself.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Yes, I feel those compulsions very strongly.

I get turned on by pneumatics , by springers, by CO2's: all shapes and sizes...I feel ashamed at times, but I just can't seem to control myself.

Jim

That's just the disgusting sort of reply I'd expect, if you weren't so far away I would come around and poke my finger in your eye (pneumatically ofcourse).

Anyway, that aside I've not tried either of the pistols you mentioned but, have been eyeing up the HW40. Looks a nice pistol, tell me, is the Beeman P3 you have the Chinese copy of the HW40? I've read good and bad reports about the Chinese copy.

atb Phil

=

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    That's just the disgusting sort of reply I'd expect, if you weren't so far away I would come around and poke my finger in your eye (pneumatically ofcourse).

Anyway, that aside I've not tried either of the pistols you mentioned but, have been eyeing up the HW40. Looks a nice pistol, tell me, is the Beeman P3 you have the Chinese copy of the HW40? I've read good and bad reports about the Chinese copy.

atb Phil

=
    I'll remember to close my eyes if you happen by, Phil.

The Beeman P3 is exactly the same pistol as the HW 40 - it's made in Germany, and says so on the inside. On the outside it bears the Beeman markings. Apparently, Beeman just has Weihrauch (sp.) put the Beeman name on some of the HW's, and ship them to the US.

Their HW 45 is often sold here as the Beeman P1.

I believe the one you're talking about is the "2040" or "2004" or "2240" : something like that. From what I hear, they are nowhere comparable to the HW 40 / P3, but they are still good value for their dirt cheap price.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I believe the one you're talking about is the "2040" or "2004" or "2240" : something like that. From what I hear, they are nowhere comparable to the HW 40 / P3, but they are still good value for their dirt cheap price.

Jim
    The "2004" is the Chinese cheapie Jim....
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    The "2004" is the Chinese cheapie Jim....
    Eric.
    3 shots, 1 hit: typical for me!

Jim