Thread: Hw45

Question Hw45

Hi All. Help needed, is the above better in .77 or .22 ? with rifles .177 seems to be leading the way is it same for pistols?

Hi Missed Again, problem solved Get both barrels, it's a two minuet and two screw job to change barrels. I stand to be corrected but I believe they only fit one main spring to the HW45. Spare barrel is about £20/£25 pound, well worth it. enjoy

=

It will provide more power in .22, mine made about 5ft/lbs out the box. Of course the .177 can be tuned up but it's always nice to have things easy. In .22 I would regularly hit stuff 30 yards away but you would want the .177 model for dedicated targets.

As Phil has mentioned you could simply buy a barrel in each calibre.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

And .2-0 too?

Don't they also make a .20 barrel for this pistol?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Question hw45

Thanks all, Still confused better buy one with both barrels Now to find a seller!!!

They're not sold with both barrels AFAIK. You'd have to buy the gun in one calibre then buy a barrel for the other separately. You'd also have to hope Chambers have got some because getting spares out of Weihrauch is a nightmare.

Jonathan

PS come up to Devizes and see us sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Don't they also make a .20 barrel for this pistol?
    The American Beeman model can be had in .20 and I'd assume it's fully interchangeable with the HW45.

Cost

One important factor to consider is the price of ammunition. .177 is cheaper if your going to use it a lot as I do mine.
    John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

Mine is .177 and makes nearly 5.5 ft/lb, wonder what would happen if I stuck a .22 barrel on it This gun, apart from light useage, has had nothing done to it since purchased from the Airgun Centre over 20 years ago. I think they did give the gun a once over ensuring correct lubrication etc or possibly a mild tune. Surely a credit to this company and the build quality of HW. The only difference when I purchased mine was that the .177,had a reduced power option whereby you only cocked it half way,this was not an option in .22. Handy if noise or over shooting in a smaller urban area is an issue. Single handed I find the standard grips and balance poor but when I adopt the two handed grip (as in the US movies) I can achieve very accurate results. Oh the only thing I have done is replace the breech washer a few times, mine seems to chew them up(

ATB Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    Oh the only thing I have done is replace the breech washer a few times, mine seems to chew them up(

ATB Chris
    i found that mine used to too if i used RWS supermag pellets as they were a very tight fit in the barrel & so would often protrude slightly, damageing the seal.

since using RWS superdomes this hasn't been a problem.