Thread: Uberti Spares

Uberti Spares

Hi folks

Can anyone recommend a good place in the States to order spares for Uberti BP revolvers who will happily ship overseas?

Fed up waiting for Kranks

Many thanks
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Don't know of one offhand who will, but I will check a few places out for you.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks Jim
    'Gun control is like trying to reduce drink driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars'

Mmmmhh - I've always found Kranks service very good - postage a bit steep though so I always buy a few spares i.e hand - springs etc...

john paul,

Completely the opposite for me. I regard Kranks service as crap. I'll not use them again.

As for parts, as long as they are small and don't exceed $100 try;

www.brownells.com
    www.e-gunparts.com

Over $100 you're looking at licences/certificates to export from the US.

Hi

I've used these guys in the past

https://www.vtigunparts.com/ab224000...17&cat=Pistols

- same rules as above regarding the $100 limit etc etc

Cheers

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by john paul View Post
    Mmmmhh - I've always found Kranks service very good - postage a bit steep though so I always buy a few spares i.e hand - springs etc...
    My experience hasn’t been so good.

I ordered a Uberti Dragoon in May 2007 - it arrived in March 2008 with a broken hand & spring. Rang them up, they didn’t apologise and then promptly sent me the wrong part!

Sent it back immediately. They then assured me they would get one in the next shipment from Uberti - but guess what - none! ... 'it'll be with the next shipment' - guess what? - no! ... so on and so forth!

Despite phone calls and emails I'm still waiting and have finally lost my patients

Last gun I buy from them!

Try Dixie Gun Works

DIXIE GUN WORKS says, they do do sell Uberti BP pistol parts, and yes, they do ship directly to England.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

NO, says Navy Arms

NAVY ARMS says they do NOT have a good assembly of parts, and do NOT export parts: but they recommend VTI GUN PARTS.

Jim

many thanks for all the contacts folks - much appreciated

I hope you can get the parts you need.

Jim

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I hope you can get the parts you need.

Jim
    Certainly did! ... ordered one day - shipped the next and within 7 days my 'hand and spring' arrived safe and sound

I can highly recommend Dixie Gun Works.

Thanks again for the advice!

Glad it worked out! Yes, Dixie is well-regarded. They pretty much introduced the present era of muzzleloaders in the US: not that they created the interest (the Centennial of our Civil War did that), but they did supply the stuff once the interest was sparked.

Jim

Yeah I got an email reply today, to a few questions that I asked them. They are quite happy to ship anything except percussion caps, fuse and some liquids. One of the items I asked about was their gun kits, but I'm not sure what the legal stance over here is on those though (anyone know the answer to this ?).

ATB
    Baz
    Last edited by LONG REACH; 25-07-2008 at 08:58 PM.