Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Gas powered Pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    That's a pretty pistol, Carl. Does it shoot well?

Jim
    Hi Jim
    Airsofts are pretty limited as regards accuracy / power but they are ok at close range I guess .
    For me its because its a full metal Luger with realistic toggle action - and everyone knows its the most beautiful pistol ever made - arguably with the 1911 a1 close to it .

I have to agree about the Makarov - makes every other CO2 feel like a toy barring high end target fodder ( Aeron / Drulov /Steyr etc ) all steel construction - wow . Shame about the horrid trigger which for me blights nearly ALL un modded CO2 replicas

I think the Beretta 92 is probably best of the bunch otherwise and the ergonomics help as I feel the weight supports your hand better . As for the S&W revolvers - why do they have to paint the " REAL " cylnider a different colour to the fake one ? just makes it look cheap and nasty imo . I hear they shoot well though but to me they are too ugly .

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    There's a lot of people that what be happy with 6 inches, Male and Female.
    Jason,

Are we seeing a side of you not seen before?..

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Jason,

Russ
    Worrying...isn't it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Jason,

Russ
    Don't be bashful Russ, you can tell everyone you have seen that side of me, BIG BOY
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Korium View Post
    Bob has returned.
    He has?
    Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    He has?
    He certainly has.

Thanks for all your replies fellas.....I am not interested in a revolver really...more a semi automatic pistol..similar to the smith and wesson sw40f. Anyone recommend anything?.......

Also of the subject..What is 'hop up' on a gun and how do you adjust it?

cheers,

...just to add to the last email...i also like blow back ona gun...

cheers again,

also.......can u customise a S&W sw40f?...Basically can u make it better?...buy any parts for it..etc..

cheers,

tom

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing
    Cheers
    Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

CO2 pistol

Well I can tell you another to avoid at least... the Gamo PT80. The trigger return spring must be made out of putty. I have had a succession of these replaced all at Gamo's expense but the gun has been with them more than it's been with me and I doubt I've fired a tin of pellets in the three years I've had it. AVOID. Quite frankly you would be better getting hold of a nice s/h Weihrauch 45 (spring I know but a very good pistol) or at least a decent s/h Ratcatcher. That way you'll be able to sleep at night, lose next to nothing and enjoy your shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo1262 View Post
    Well I can tell you another to avoid at least... the Gamo PT80. The trigger return spring must be made out of putty. I have had a succession of these replaced all at Gamo's expense but the gun has been with them more than it's been with me and I doubt I've fired a tin of pellets in the three years I've had it. AVOID.
    Hi Biffo, I was thinking of a PT80 sooner or later as I have heard good things and no neg's. Thanks for that.

Notice you have a P800?
    Whats your thoughts on that? I heard such bad reports about that pistol, just a few hours after I had agreed to purchase it from TwoTitans

Almost all reports were negative!! Still got the gun as I wanted a springer pistol. It was a hurried decision, but gut instincs told me to go for it
    I must admit, the reviews seemed correct and it was crud! UNTIL I had a good play with it and did some serious tests with different pellets.
    Found the Eley Wasps to be superb with it. 10 shots into a target 9 holes! the bull was obliterated so the 10th couldnt be detected I now love it
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)