Thread: Drei ist besser! :) Drilling by Sauer & Sohn - 7x57r + 16/70

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 455webley View Post
    T
    I know from the Kettner & Frankonia (German hunting store chains) catalogues that you can get a rifled barrel in 22lr (or other calibres)to put in one of the 16b barrels.
    John
    John

Looking at importing one from Germany even as we speak!

You are right - in the Fatherland it is known as an 'einstecklauf'. A sub-calibre barrel with an extractor activated by opening the gun. Available in calibres from .22lr right up to some meaty c/f rounds. They feature the ability to be zeroed to the scope and are normally capable of MOA accuracy.

My preference is for a .22lr due to noise considerations - but what a versatile handful it will make!

On cue, I have just had a call from a neighbour with Roe chewing his roses. I fancy tonight will be the ideal evening for a wander!

Now, leather trousers.... check....... Loden Jacket......Huh, where did that get to!!??!!

Rgds Mod
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training, DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching
    Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post

On cue, I have just had a call from a neighbour with Roe chewing his roses. I fancy tonight will be the ideal evening for a wander!

Now, leather trousers.... check....... Loden Jacket......Huh, where did that get to!!??!!

Rgds Mod
    Loden jacket....you'll be out yodeling at the deer next they'll die of fright no need for your new fancy gun then. You can give it to me . I'm rubbish at yodeling!

Waidmansheil for you stalking tonight and good luck with the import from Germany. You might want to give these guys a try http://www.triebel.de/. I have used them before and they are reliable and friendly. They also take credit card, which can be a problem with some German companies as they insist on bank transfers - little do they know that we in rip off land pay £30 in banking fees and get a crappy exchange rate to boot! If there is anything I can do to help send me a PM.

Cheers
    John
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am, send me!" Isaiah 6.1-8

Thumbs up

Main thread updated!

Rgds Mod
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training, DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching

i believe that the ww2 german desert bomber crews used to be issued the sig sauer version of your gun as a survival tool.

More information - thankyou!

Apparently, SIG only joined with JP Sauer & Sohn in the seventies. This was done with the aim of bringing their firearms to a worldwide market and avoiding restrictions placed on firearms exports by the Swiss government.

Rgds Mod

What a fabulous firearm.
    SGC holder
    FAC holder
    BASC member

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    i believe that the ww2 german desert bomber crews used to be issued the sig sauer version of your gun as a survival tool.

There's one here - around $14K - by J P Sauer u. Sohn.

http://www.ktpguns.com/interior.php/pid/28/gid/123807

tac

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Drillings were never popular in the US. But rifle / shotgun combinations (only 1barrel of each) have a following. They tend to be inexpensive utility guns.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Mod
    Mr Gain - are you reading?
    All I can say is, if you spot one with a l/h stock on it, let me know!

(Ah, left-handedness: the last refuge of the envious!)

What a great piece of kit - do the 16g barrels have ejectors?#

P.S. This one's a bit rich for me - more's the pity!