Thread: My first new air rifle and its a Whiscombe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If its the first time you've been to see John, you will be impressed by the workshop (garage), did you get a silver one?,

Mark
    AA Ev Mk3
    Whiscombe FB60 (Silver) Nikko 10-50x60

whiscombe

was offered a silver one but went with the black,did visit him to order my gun and was allowed to shoot a couple off this rifles and had a good chat.Yes you are right the garage is impresive .
    Sportsmatch GC2 numbers ,190, 252, 279.Steyr LP1 &LP5,EV2 mk4
    Whiscombe JW 50 FB Number 0012 & JW 60 Number 031, ,CR-X,

Whiscombe

He must have just finished a batch - I had my phone call from him yesterday to say mine is ready , just need to fix a time to collect it
    I went for the silver barrel

whiscombe

Going to collect mine on july 24th,eldest daughter competing at royal international horse show so will hire a car and drive over for the day from Hickstead and pick it up. Will save a trip down from cumbria just to pick up the gun and its a free day off from ponys

whiscombe

6 days to go got scope and pellets just need the gun

Whiscombe

Picked mine up yesterday on a 300 mile round trip but well worth the wait and the journey (grade 3 stock , trigger adjustable to 2oz , silvered interchangeable barrels) - i agree with the comments about the garage. Very genuine man to meet , had a few shots in his garden before the journey home
    Only problem was not wanting to leave the car in any service stations unattended on the return trip !!
    Amazing machinery and cant believe the lack of recoil when you think of all the mechanics going on inside the rifle
    John says he has a backlog of about 20 still to make then no more
    Apparently one of the problems is the majority if his sales are to the USA and he is getting increasing probs sorting out shipping
    Anyway - - hope to order a scope for it tonight and then ...
    Last edited by MarkV; 17-09-2008 at 04:10 PM.

I'm envious...

whiscombe don't pop up very often for sale here in the USA... when they do... it's gone pretty quickly..

is it the same way in UK?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
    Picked mine up yesterday on a 300 mile round trip but well worth the wait and the journey (grade 3 stock , trigger adjustable to 2oz , silvered interchangeable barrels) - i agree with the comments about the garage. Very genuine man to meet , had a go in his garden before the journey home
    Only problem was not wanting to leave the car in any service stations unattended on the return trip !!
    Amazing machinery and cant believe the lack of recoil when you think of all the mechanics going on inside the rifle
    John says he has a backlog of about 20 still to make then no more
    Apparently one of the problems is the majority if his sales are to the USA and he is getting increasing probs sorting out shipping
    Anyway - - hope to order a scope for it tonight and then ...
    Bullpup AA S400 Extra FAC .22, Beeman R1, R9, R7, FWB 124, rocker silver streak, Mac1 LD