Hi Paddy, I feel that the new targets deserve their own competition, but the main problem using them with a gun set up for the normal pistol targets, bull style, is that aim points are completely different.

The standard way of shooting regulation pistol targets is to aim the pistol so that the flat sight line formed by the notch and blade is placed under the whole black part of the target, i.e. it is as though a black ball is sitting on top of a flat line, usually so that the line of the 6 ring is on the flat line, depending on your ability to see that line, and this leaves a small gap between the ball and line which is easier to judge.
This would mean that you would need to aim off by the distance from the centre of the bull to the outer edge of the black part to hit the new targets, otherwise you would be off by that distance above each target.

If anyone is shooting the main comp using the flat line bisecting the black bull, I suggest that you re-zero using the ball on the line idea and your scores will improve.

Cheers

John