11 64.71%
  • Change to the proposed criteria

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proposed change of targets for the UBC Competitions

;
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Ryan.

With the current comp it's only open sights, at first it was only one category until someone mentioned about different accuracies with different guns. So to keep the peace I split the categories up . I think allowing scopes would again open up a can of worms

However, if & if the consensus is to keep the comp as it is. I could do what Peter agrees's & do a side shoot. Now the side shoot could be an open category with whatever sights?

I think I should be a Diplomat

Regards
    Paddy.
    Hehe

Here's a suggestion Mister Diplomat sir,
    a side shoot with two simple categories, Standard Category for any pistol using Iron (open) Sights and Open Category allowing any sighting system, i.e Mag Scope, Red Dot, Laser. So long as the pistol is shot from the hand unsupported at arms length and the pellet is not fitted with any homing or laser or wire guidance system .

You just know that John will enter both categories. Oh BTW so will I.

It might even be worth running a small pilot next month to see how it goes. If you can fit it in, of course.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete R; 07-07-2008 at 03:53 PM.
    Plot ?... What Plot ?... I thought you had it !!
    Good Deals with Good Folks

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    harmonica sales in western mongolia falling to record lows!

Ryan
    Don't mock - this is a serious concern to us harmonica producing nations and was responsible in part to my own poor scores

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    He got taken out of his comfort zone yesterday at Shepreth in the pistol HFT, oh yes!: If he's lucky I might even give him some coaching next time. He came out with all sorts of excuses too, from not being zero'd to harmonica sales in western mongolia falling to record lows!

Ryan
    Hi Ryan, you forgot the 'M.A.D.' team forcing me to do a shoot off

I'll have to find that pistol scope that's somewhere in the garage and put it on the Falcon, though the spare 3-9x40 AGS is tempting and would make a silly photo for on here.

The worse bit for me on Sunday was that I lent someone my HW45 and he beat my score using open sights

Shooting pistols at fixed ranges is much easier than pistol HFT

Cheers

John

PS, BTW Ryan scored 51 ex 60 with his first ever pistol after owning it for just a weekbeating his rifle score by 1 in the process
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

1 Point

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Hi Ryan, you forgot the 'M.A.D.' team forcing me to do a shoot off

I'll have to find that pistol scope that's somewhere in the garage and put it on the Falcon, though the spare 3-9x40 AGS is tempting and would make a silly photo for on here.

The worse bit for me on Sunday was that I lent someone my HW45 and he beat my score using open sights

Shooting pistols at fixed ranges is much easier than pistol HFT

Cheers

John

PS, BTW Ryan scored 51 ex 60 with his first ever pistol after owning it for just a weekbeating his rifle score by 1 in the process
    Sssshhhh don't tell everyone about that, it shows that practice improves you, I'd done nearly 2000 pellets in that week through the pistol and hardly touched the rifle. That balance needs addressing!

I wouldn't bother with the rifle scope mate as the over the elbow/shoulder stance is seriously gay and you may as well be shooting a rifle in the standing position!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

I wouldn't bother with the rifle scope mate as the over the elbow/shoulder stance is seriously gay and you may as well be shooting a rifle in the standing position!

Ryan
    I'll bow to your superior knowledge on 'Gay' issues Ryan though I suspect it's easier than shooting a rifle standing as there isn't a big lump of metal and wood hanging out the front

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!

Cookies for Christmas

Pad.E
    New target with ten cherries installed at link you've given. Never thought of it as a competition target.

Cookie
    The original is now yours to keep. Make certain that you have the .PDF as I will shortly delete it from my files and go on to the new one.
    Got this from Dragonsinger if you want a Christmas target. http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...massTarget.jpg You could also use this http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k.../OffCentre.jpg
    or I could ask him to do a load of balls. These are tough targets since he only puts a 6.5mm bull on them

Let me know the result
    Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Pad.E
    New target with ten cherries installed at link you've given. Never thought of it as a competition target.

Let me know the result
    Jim
    Excellent. Thanks Jim.

That will make the comp scoring much easier.

I like these targets as they put abit of 'fun' into the equation

Not decided whether it will be running in the main comp, or do a side shoot (entails slightly more admin, but what the hell ).

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Look at them crazy psychedelic ball things! - I am not shooting at anything that resembles a bad acid trip

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I think we should stick with open sights for the 4 existing categories, but also have a side shoot / 5th category: any type of pistol with any type of optical sight.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Ryan.

With the current comp it's only open sights, at first it was only one category until someone mentioned about different accuracies with different guns. So to keep the peace I split the categories up . I think allowing scopes would again open up a can of worms

However, if & if the consensus is to keep the comp as it is. I could do what Peter agrees's & do a side shoot. Now the side shoot could be an open category with whatever sights?

I think I should be a Diplomat

Regards
    Paddy.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I think we should use different targets, at least some of the time.

Let's face it, ours is not a traditional bullseye comp anyway - why do we use two-hand hold, some of the time? We should mix it up with different types of targets: bullseye, hunting, silhouette, oddball stuff: become real all-around pistoleers.

Ji m
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi All
    I've voted to leave it as it is, but would welcome the side shoot as ths sounds fun as well
    ATB Keith

Talking Fun targets

Jim/Pad.E
    Hit the link Pad.E gave then go to Fun Stuff. Should keep you guys happy!

Jim
    Have a look in Celtic, Geometric Discs and Geometric Shapes.

Sonora Rebel.
    I suppose if Cookie gets his own target you should claim the bugs one since it was you who inspired it.

Jim
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

He got taken out of his comfort zone yesterday at Shepreth in the pistol HFT, oh yes! If he's lucky I might even give him some coaching next time. He came out with all sorts of excuses too, from not being zero'd to harmonica sales in western mongolia falling to record lows!

Ryan
    Sounds like he been hanging round with you too much then

Pete

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!

Me

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Sounds like he been hanging round with you too much then

Pete
    I learnt from the best bud!

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Oi you 2

I feel much better now that I've taken wifey's car out for a blast

Pity the rifles won't fit in the boot though

Cheers

John