Thread: Rink pistol grips...

Rink pistol grips...

are these any good? (for an LP50)
    regards
    Nigel

Do you mean any good as in will they fit the LP50, or any good as in are they any better than the existing grip ?

Steve.

i think itd down to personal choice.steyr only do 3 sizes i think where as rink have more options including the offset grip.i bought a morini made steyr grip from h.preston and am very happy with it,although my shooting collegue recently tried buying one and was told they are not available any more!
    why are you changing?
    as we are all individual most grips will need a bit of fettling to achieve a good fit.
    does not really answer your question but hope it helps ?
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Unfortunately I appear to have odd shaped hands. I've got the Steyr XL grip which is too small in terms of wrapping my hand around the grip, also too small between the top and the base plate of the grip. The palm area will need to be built out a bit and a fair amount will need to be taken off the back of the grip to accommodate the base of my thumb.

I do accept that any grip will need a little bit of fettling but this one is going to need more than a bit. So I wondered if the Rink grip might be a better start point as it appears to have more adjustment options. Of course it is a difficult call as everyone's hands are different. I can't find anywhere that stocks Rink grips where I could look/try - does anyone know anywhere?

cheers
    Nigel

Nigel,

I don't know of any shops that stock the Rink grips, but it could be worthwhile taking a look at the Rink Grip instructions here It includes the measurements for determining grip size etc. I have also heard of some people getting custom grips made for LP10/5/50's so that could be an option.

Cheers,

Steve.

next idiot question....

Rink grips can be made from Walnut or Laminate. Apart from aesthetics, is there any practical difference between the materials?

rink grips

Hey Nigel,

Edinkillie supplied my Rink grips.

The Rink grips suit my hand better than the equivalent Steyr grips but this said, I would expect subtle variance within the same size, regardless of source. Hence your experience could be different. It so happened that after trying out four different "small" grips, all of which felt different, I found one that was not a compromise!

As for the difference between materials, I have only ever used walnut so cannot comment. Good luck in your search...

Stu

Rink Grips

Hi, I ordered a set of grips directly on their website and got a reply from hem within Min's. They were very helpful in sorting out the right size from their order form that i submitted and also suggested that I take the ones with the 7 deg. offset as I shoot right handed with a left master eye, they also gave me an exact delivery date of the 6th Aug which I am sure will be correct

I will add to this thread after the 6th Aug o let you know how good the grips are.

All the best

Iain D

Get a grip.

I am looking for a set of large LP10 grips, so if you are successful and want to unload your exisiting grips, let me know.
    I've carved these in the meantime...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fcat View Post
    Unfortunately I appear to have odd shaped hands. I've got the Steyr XL grip which is too small in terms of wrapping my hand around the grip, also too small between the top and the base plate of the grip. The palm area will need to be built out a bit and a fair amount will need to be taken off the back of the grip to accommodate the base of my thumb.

I do accept that any grip will need a little bit of fettling but this one is going to need more than a bit. So I wondered if the Rink grip might be a better start point as it appears to have more adjustment options. Of course it is a difficult call as everyone's hands are different. I can't find anywhere that stocks Rink grips where I could look/try - does anyone know anywhere?

cheers
    Nigel

Nige,

I have a set on my P40, and they are an excellent fit. They tend to be on the small side, so for example a med. grip would be med. at max. palm shelf setting. As for material, laminate is very hard to work compared to waulnut should you need to modify it.
    Custom Target Woodwork www.customtargetwoodwork.co.uk
    Feinwerkbau P70FT-FWB-Steyr LG100FT-Steyr LG110FT-Steyr Hunting5 Scout-Hammerli Lp 20 Pro-CP88 Target Nickel-HW77-HW97K-HW98-Hw85-HW95 The Falcon man.

Rink Grips

You can get your Rink Grips through Churchleys Gun Shop. 01903 246301.