Thread: My new web sites

My new web sites dedicated to Co2 pistols & Air guns

Hi Guys n Gals,
    I have been creating a couple of web sites in recent weeks

www.hulldistrict-ftc.org.uk a site I am working on for the Hull & District Field Target Club. We do have a pistol range
    And my personal one is www.co2shooter.info This one is mainly about my pistols

Would y'awl have a quick looksee at them and give me ideas of what you think will improve the sites, either design wise or content wise?
    I look forward to your feedback.

Thanking you in advance
    All the best
    Tony
    Last edited by Phantom Sniper; 08-07-2008 at 09:02 PM.
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I hate to tell you this Tony but someone has hacked into your site, remove your photo and stuck some chunky fella there in stead, better improve your security.

Well done fella they seem to be coming on nicely, is this your first attempts?

Much better than my lazy effort. (see Me in sig)

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 09-07-2008 at 01:28 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Great graphics, Tony! My only criticism is that I don't like the way only part of the screen "scrolls" : makes it seem too small.

Congratulations on your work in restoring that Gamo .22. Both those rifles are beauties!

I never neard of that Gamo springer pistol before, but you are certainly shooting it very well. I wonder if it's for sale in the US?

You have a good collection of a few pieces that you are actually shooting, and that's the best way to go about it. It's too easy to fall prey to the "I just HAVE to have that!" syndrome, and wind up with safes and closets full of gns that just sit there.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

You have a good collection of a few pieces that you are actually shooting, and that's the best way to go about it. It's too easy to fall prey to the "I just HAVE to have that!" syndrome, and wind up with safes and closets full of gns that just sit there.

Jim
    Smart advise, I started to accumulate rifles and stuff just to have it sat there looking at me, day in and day out. Now down to two rifles, Webley Tracker and BSA Cadet Major. A couple (well, maybe six or seven or more pistol) that get shot at least once a week.

Good work on your web site, keep at it, Phil.

=

It's too easy to fall prey to the "I just HAVE to have that!" syndrome, and wind up with safes and closets full of gns that just sit there.

Jim
    Just wait 'til John (Snoop) see's this....

Tony,

Nice sites mate, you made a cracking job of the Gamo rifle mate, superb

Russ
    Last edited by Firestorm; 09-07-2008 at 11:15 AM.
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    I hate to tell you this Tony but someone has hacked into your site, remove your photo and stuck some chunky fella there in stead, better improve your security.
    LOL That chunky fella is me having lost nearly 7 stone in since March this year
    Well done fella they seem to be coming on nicely, is this your first attempts?
    Much better than my lazy effort. (see Me in sig)
    Jason
    I quite like yours, I have looked at it a few times. Love the little b&w piccies especially the one on the bottom right of your home page
    I will carry on and improve, some people have already given me suggestions & Yours have been invaluable. (the missing Cal's)

ATVB
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Great graphics, Tony! My only criticism is that I don't like the way only part of the screen "scrolls" : makes it seem too small.

Congratulations on your work in restoring that Gamo .22. Both those rifles are beauties!

I never neard of that Gamo springer pistol before, but you are certainly shooting it very well. I wonder if it's for sale in the US?

Jim
    Thank you Jim
    I do have a tendancy to fall into "I must have it" but I am trying to resist it. Case of having too at the moment as I'm between jobs
    If I had the money I would have a wonderful collection.
    But I would also have a tendancy to shoot them all
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Smart advise, I started to accumulate rifles and stuff just to have it sat there looking at me, day in and day out. Now down to two rifles, Webley Tracker and BSA Cadet Major. A couple (well, maybe six or seven or more pistol) that get shot at least once a week.

Good work on your web site, keep at it, Phil.
    Cheers Phil,
    Was out for an hour at dinner today, Shot 30 rounds with my .357, 40 rounds with my P800 and 32 with my R-77
    Damn it pellets go far to fast with these revolvers
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Just wait 'til John (Snoop) see's this....

Tony,

Nice sites mate, you made a cracking job of the Gamo rifle mate, superb
    Russ
    Thanks Russ,
    A lil' TLC, bit time and effort, still need to get or make an end cap for it though. The Danish oil made a great job on the stock
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    LOL That chunky fella is me having lost nearly 7 stone in since March this year
    Well done fella Keep up the good work. No offence intended

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Well done fella Keep up the good work. No offence intended

Jason
    None taken mate
    Tony
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Shot 30 rounds with my .357, 40 rounds with my P800 and 32 with my R-77
    Damn it pellets go far to fast with these revolvers
    Tony

To cool

Nice sites Tony.

I like your selection of pistols too. The CP99 is an excellent little gun, I like the fact that you can actually rack the slide to cock it for single action shooting and remove the CO2 magazine when not firing. It would have made a great training pistol if it had been available years ago.

U.K.Neil can make you a good moderator/silencer which works very well for these pistols, it also looks good in a 007 type of way.

Pete
    Plot ?... What Plot ?... I thought you had it !!
    Good Deals with Good Folks

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete R View Post
    Nice sites Tony.

I like your selection of pistols too. The CP99 is an excellent little gun, I like the fact that you can actually rack the slide to cock it for single action shooting and remove the CO2 magazine when not firing. It would have made a great training pistol if it had been available years ago.

Pete
    Yes, that sounds like a great pistol.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone