Thread: HW 45 vs. HW 70

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

HW 45 vs. HW 70

I realize that the 70 doesn't have the power of the 45, but my question concerns other characteristics of the two pistols: accuracy, durability, etc.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hw45/70

I have both .177 & .22 in the HW45, my brother has an HW70. All of them are extrmeley well built and should last a lifetime.

All are extremely accurate, but the HW45's are far more "lively" due to the fact they are springers, so require practice on your stance and grip.

I'm right handed, so use a "triangle" hold, with my right arm straight and my grip very loose, while pulling back with my left hand, which produces good results, the .177 is the livelier of the 2, but is very accurate if used on half power, as there is the ability to choose half or full power when cocking.

The HW70 is completely recoiless and is very accurate indeed, really depends on what you want to do with it, if it's predominantly targets, the HW70 is ideal, if it's skipping tin cans down the garden from 10 to 40 yards, I'd choose the HW45 every time.

Hope this helps

Paul

Don't get the HW70 mixed up with the HW75. It's the 75 which is the single stroke pneumatic, the HW70 is a break barrel spring pistol (there's some pics on this thread.
    Both are cracking pistols though.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

My Mistake!

Thanks for correcting me there, you are of course right! In which case I would unreservedly recommend the HW45, although this of course is only my opinion, I just prefer the design. I had a Diana P5 Magnum prior to the HW45
    .177, great gun, but sold it as I preferred the action of the HW45.

Hw45

I love hw45. There very powerful and accurate especiall when you whack a red dot on there!
    AA S400 Classic GinB, Gamo Delta, HW45 .177 =] ASI Sniper .22

Keep reading that the Beeman 2004E is identical to the HW45. . . is this true?

Ignore me. . . it's the HW40. . . sorry guys.
    Last edited by IanDB; 02-10-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Coz I'm a dimwit
    Weihrauch HW95K & HW97K .20
    Crosman 2240 .22
    Good deal(s) with: kick yer butt

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDB View Post
    Keep reading that the Beeman 2004E is identical to the HW45. . . is this true?

Ignore me. . . it's the HW40. . . sorry guys.
    No, it's the Beeman P3 which is identical, or virtually so, to the HW 40.

The Beeman 2004E is a much cheaper Chinese-made version of the HW 40.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone