Thread: Tau brno 7, Did I get a bargin?

Tau brno 7, Did I get a bargin?

Hi
    Has anyone heard of this make of air pistol.
    I Purchased one today in orginal case with complete set of accessories, balance weights and such ,even had the date of production 17 june 1998,It was supposedly in need of some work as it would not fire,I don't think it had been used for a couple of years, I fitted a fresh CO2 when I got home and it works a treat.Very accurate at 10 metres . It is in lovely condition with only a couple faint marks on the metal work and the wood work is spotless. I haven't a clue how much these fetched new but I paid £50 for it, A bargin ?

Chris
    http://www.eastdevonftc.co.uk

On a break from FT.

I would say you got a very good bargain..
    check out the link for an idea of price..

brno
    Old soldiers never die,They just get mothballed..

2nd hand the pistols are around the 250 quid mark so a good deal

Thanks Tommy

Mine is very slightly different as it has the wood surround at the beginning of the barrel. But judgeing by those prices I think I got very lucky today.
    Just of to buy a lottery ticket....

Chris

On a break from FT.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I paid £360 for mine from Mays of London, so, yes £50 sounds OK ..... you can get them new for £200 allegedly, from Holland or somewhere, the last one sold on this board went for about £120. You would get somewhere between £100 and £150 for it if you sold it here. They are superbly accurate, if you do a search Todd of the US did some accuracy trials on his and his one does about 1" at 40 yards. Not that many rifles can do that, certainly not for £50 outlay ..... YOu can get a scope rail for it too if you want to make it into a silhouette pistol.

dgg Guest
    Machinest,

what a bargain ! see this link to the info I gave to Hsing-ee http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....threadid=31292

I bought the last one I saw on here for £130 which I thought was a fair price, that is a 2000 model in A1 condition with its original papers. Sportsman Gun Centre in UK do sell from time to time when they get supplies for circa £200 but the recommended retail from Edgar Bros the official importers is £300+.

The Dutch dealer is very helpful and is getting a stock of spares. You can get them on email at beaumont@worldonline.nl

It is crazy but the best price on spares are from US (as usual) Canada and Australia ! which better our prices on most parts obtained through our own importers in the UK

The website with the US tests is now at www.citlink.net/~schattler/at3.htm

Hope that helps. dgg

you lucky devil!
    that sure is a bargain!
    would've bought it myself for that money, no questions asked!
    where good guns indeed

Cheers guys, and thankyou for the links.
    It's just a case of keeping your eyes and ears open and sometimes you get lucky. I didn't argue over the price thats for sure as it looked a bit special. Just found in the manual it was made in 1998. I changed the seals which were supplied with it and it now works a treat. It just needed a little TLC.

chris

On a break from FT.

Zanx Guest
    Originally posted by dgg
    Machinest,

what a bargain ! see this link to the info I gave to Hsing-ee http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....threadid=31292

I bought the last one I saw on here for £130 which I thought was a fair price, that is a 2000 model in A1 condition with its original papers. Sportsman Gun Centre in UK do sell from time to time when they get supplies for circa £200 but the recommended retail from Edgar Bros the official importers is £300+.

The Dutch dealer is very helpful and is getting a stock of spares. You can get them on email at beaumont@worldonline.nl

It is crazy but the best price on spares are from US (as usual) Canada and Australia ! which better our prices on most parts obtained through our own importers in the UK

The website with the US tests is now at www.citlink.net/~schattler/at3.htm

Hope that helps. dgg

I'd like to point out that the last link posted contains some of the worst Midi music I have EVER heard