Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
Have had the adjustables on for a while (5-7 yrs) but I was surprised to hear that the urveoriginals are adjustable. Don't think mine were - although as I am away from home at the moment I can't check. But I agree - if they are adjustable for windage - then the argument for buying the target sights is much less convincing!
The adjustment is by slackening off the allen screw that maintains the sight in the frame and re-locating the sight laterally in the dovetail. (You would need to remove the fixed sight to fit the adjustable.) As mentioned by another poster, it is a little hit and miss, but with pistol shooting, even Olympic level target shooting, we are going for an "area aim".

It is the alignment of the sights that is important, not where you think the sights are pointing! The instant you look at and focus on the aim point (target) it's already a miss! Sounds daft, but it's true.

I'm still on the learning curve (and will be for a long time!), so for good info on pistol shooting, from shooters of all levels, with plenty of experts, check out;
http://www.targettalk.org/viewforum....days=0&start=0