Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CP88 competition adjustable open sights

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    but the original sights are adjustable laterally/ windage

Have had the adjustables on for a while (5-7 yrs) but I was surprised to hear that the originals are adjustable. Don't think mine were - although as I am away from home at the moment I can't check. But I agree - if they are adjustable for windage - then the argument for buying the target sights is much less convincing!

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Only if you poke them hard enough

I have the adjustables on nearly all my Umerex pistols where available, except for the RWS and they make a big difference if you have more than 1 pistol. You don't have to learn loads of different offsets.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Have had the adjustables on for a while (5-7 yrs) but I was surprised to hear that the urveoriginals are adjustable. Don't think mine were - although as I am away from home at the moment I can't check. But I agree - if they are adjustable for windage - then the argument for buying the target sights is much less convincing!
    The adjustment is by slackening off the allen screw that maintains the sight in the frame and re-locating the sight laterally in the dovetail. (You would need to remove the fixed sight to fit the adjustable.) As mentioned by another poster, it is a little hit and miss, but with pistol shooting, even Olympic level target shooting, we are going for an "area aim".

It is the alignment of the sights that is important, not where you think the sights are pointing! The instant you look at and focus on the aim point (target) it's already a miss! Sounds daft, but it's true.

I'm still on the learning curve (and will be for a long time!), so for good info on pistol shooting, from shooters of all levels, with plenty of experts, check out;
    http://www.targettalk.org/viewforum....days=0&start=0
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.