Thread: 'Pegasus' Air Rifles

Troubledshooter Guest

'Pegasus' Air Rifles

Does anyone have any information on Pegasus Air Rifles, please ?

Troubledshooter Guest

michaeladkins Guest
    NO. All i remember were the adverts in the mags from the mid90s, the one i remember was the air shotgun. It was at a time when air shotguns were being released by a few manufactures but the Pegasus was by far the nicest looking and seemed well made judging by the photos i saw!

Thats of course IIRC

Michael

Troubledshooter Guest
    Michael

I believe this is the Air Cartridge rifle/shotgun for which a friend needs information.
    I can vaguely remember the same, but as it held no interest for me at the time, I had forgotten all about it.
    I will keep this thread going for a while longer and hope that someone has the information.

PV is offline I'll get to 1000 if it kills me..
    These were custom built O/U brocock cartridge shotguns. The bores were 10mm for firing cardboard tubes of shot that were screwed onto the TAC in place of the nosecone. The bore(s) could be sleeved with .177/.22 barrels for firing air cartridges in the usual manner, so you could have say, a shotgun for the lower barrel and a .22 pellet in the top one. These are obviously illegal now unless already registered on FAC.

There was a PCP equivalent made by someone, who's name escapes me. This was a 9mm and was basically a large bore standard PCP 'rifle'.

Paul
    Last edited by PV; 19-05-2004 at 02:20 PM.

Troubledshooter Guest
    PV

Thanks for the response.
    I really need to find out who made them, and whether the manufacturer is still in business making something else.
    I believe a special pump was needed to charge the cartridges, and this is also required.
    To the best of my knowledge, this gun has been FAC'd.