Thread: Fac Hornet Proto-type .22

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Fac Hornet Proto-type .22

I picked up my Hornet multi-shot rifle yesterday from Mr John Bowkett,it's his own proto-type which he has been testing it with all special internals ,regulator and a 22ins special barrel,it was origenally a single-shot but I asked for a multi-shot so john got a new mult-shot action and transferd all the internal parts and barrel to it,it also has a new walnut mk3 stock and has a nice grain with a nice finish to it.The rifle has a HW silencer fitted to it and looks the part too.The build-quality is high and is a robust rifle.
    The cocking method is all new to me,with a flick the probe is pushed out,push it back-in and the pellet is loaded,push the knob just under the air-tube and off the pellet go's.
    The rifle is very air-efficiant ,power is 34ftlb 850fps in bis mags 21.4gr ,tube is a 110cc and I put 260bar in it,the shot-capacity is 40full regged shots with only around 6fps variation.
    When I was getting it I was worried about the length of the barrel but after seeing it in the flesh it's not as long as I thought,ran over a few things with Mr Bowkett and did all the paper work,got home and started to fire the rifle so I can get to know it,The first thing that struck me was how quiet it was,I thought maybe john did'nt put enough air,checked it spot-on,zeroed the rifle to 34yds cause john gave me a test paper showing it's accuracy at 50mts and all pellets were inside a penny circle.Every pellet I fired it went in the same hole!so accurate!,the feel is nice too,I would say it feels like the fx cyclone I fired at bens a while back,maybe not as light but the feel is the same,power is awesome but to top it it's so so quiet I cant believe it my self,I have a awt silencer,a couple of uk neils and the bull-barrel with the add-on and this is the quietest I've heard and I mean it, and for a very high-powered rifle to shut -up it I must say is the best of the best.Fitted also is a varmint 11 4x16x44 with a one pcs mount.
    The rifle handles so well,so nice you think your firing a 11.5ftlb,it's the mighty whack that gives it away otherwise you only hear the hammer-spring and a puss of air.
    The trigger is very nice too,the first stage nice and smooth falling nicely onto the 2nd stage,superb and one of the best trigger's I've fired.
    I did 90 shots yesterday and today a tin of bis-mags,truly a wonderful rifle,what can I say,I'am gobbed-smacked,it's nice and smooth.I must say Mr John Bowkett is another "Guru",he certainly knows his stuff and is a master air-gunsmith,while I was there he showed me other rifles he does for customers,every-thing from barrels,actions to stocks he is a "Master".The rifle has a serial num "JB P H 1"
    Which the first two letters you know,the P stands for proto-type,H stands hornet and 1 is the first one made in FAC format.Happy Shooting to you all.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 12-08-2008 at 06:43 AM.