Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fac Hornet Proto-type .22

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club

Fac Hornet Proto-type .22

I picked up my Hornet multi-shot rifle yesterday from Mr John Bowkett,it's his own proto-type which he has been testing it with all special internals ,regulator and a 22ins special barrel,it was origenally a single-shot but I asked for a multi-shot so john got a new mult-shot action and transferd all the internal parts and barrel to it,it also has a new walnut mk3 stock and has a nice grain with a nice finish to it.The rifle has a HW silencer fitted to it and looks the part too.The build-quality is high and is a robust rifle.
    The cocking method is all new to me,with a flick the probe is pushed out,push it back-in and the pellet is loaded,push the knob just under the air-tube and off the pellet go's.
    The rifle is very air-efficiant ,power is 34ftlb 850fps in bis mags 21.4gr ,tube is a 110cc and I put 260bar in it,the shot-capacity is 40full regged shots with only around 6fps variation.
    When I was getting it I was worried about the length of the barrel but after seeing it in the flesh it's not as long as I thought,ran over a few things with Mr Bowkett and did all the paper work,got home and started to fire the rifle so I can get to know it,The first thing that struck me was how quiet it was,I thought maybe john did'nt put enough air,checked it spot-on,zeroed the rifle to 34yds cause john gave me a test paper showing it's accuracy at 50mts and all pellets were inside a penny circle.Every pellet I fired it went in the same hole!so accurate!,the feel is nice too,I would say it feels like the fx cyclone I fired at bens a while back,maybe not as light but the feel is the same,power is awesome but to top it it's so so quiet I cant believe it my self,I have a awt silencer,a couple of uk neils and the bull-barrel with the add-on and this is the quietest I've heard and I mean it, and for a very high-powered rifle to shut -up it I must say is the best of the best.Fitted also is a varmint 11 4x16x44 with a one pcs mount.
    The rifle handles so well,so nice you think your firing a 11.5ftlb,it's the mighty whack that gives it away otherwise you only hear the hammer-spring and a puss of air.
    The trigger is very nice too,the first stage nice and smooth falling nicely onto the 2nd stage,superb and one of the best trigger's I've fired.
    I did 90 shots yesterday and today a tin of bis-mags,truly a wonderful rifle,what can I say,I'am gobbed-smacked,it's nice and smooth.I must say Mr John Bowkett is another "Guru",he certainly knows his stuff and is a master air-gunsmith,while I was there he showed me other rifles he does for customers,every-thing from barrels,actions to stocks he is a "Master".The rifle has a serial num "JB P H 1"
    Which the first two letters you know,the P stands for proto-type,H stands hornet and 1 is the first one made in FAC format.Happy Shooting to you all.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 12-08-2008 at 06:43 AM.

sounds a nice rifle, how much did you pay for it mate?

Did he have anything interesting to show you that you can tell us about?

ALex

Quote Originally Posted by albrown
    Did he have anything interesting to show you that you can tell us about?

ALex

And if he did I would'nt tell you.

Worth a try wasn't it?

twocore Guest
    very nice chap is mr b,....Bren

Arrow

Sounds great Costas-I look forward to trying it out.

I've been out shooting with it nearly 4 times a week since I got it nick,I must say I really and truthfully enjoy shooting this piece of fine british well engineerd rifle,as said before it dont do any more what my other rifles do but there's something special about it every time I pick the hornet up and go hunting with it,I dont know maybe its just me but it also has that smell of fine craftmanship.

ps.I dont think I'am gona let anyone touch this one........
    and that also includes you nick....sorry and all that but I might be getting abit sentimental in me old age.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter
    ps.I dont think I'am gona let anyone touch this one........
    and that also includes you nick....sorry and all that but I might be getting abit sentimental in me old age.
    well thats it then-no more caviare and chips for YOU then Mr Bubble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    well thats it then-no more caviare and chips for YOU then Mr Bubble!!!

Chips! you say chips?
    Do the chips come with a gherkin(large one) please,I 'd like to know what sort of company I knock around with.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter
    Chips! you say chips?
    Do the chips come with a gherkin(large one) please,I 'd like to know what sort of company I knock around with.
    If you want a large gherkin Costas then of course you can have one!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    If you want a large gherkin Costas then of course you can have one!

Hope your not being rude nick me old gherkin!

Bump for lionel to read.

Lionel is reading

Lionel

You like?