View Poll Results: When do you tell her?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as 'spare time' comes up.

11 28.95%
  • Try and let on after a week or two.

3 7.89%
  • Keep it a secret until she's mine!!!! (evil laugh)

11 28.95%
  • Only date horsey/country girls who don't care.

12 31.58%
  • Don't date anyone who isn't from the same village, and they all know anyway.

1 2.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do you tell her?

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.

When do you tell her?

This question was prompted by it suddenly looking like I was going to have to re enter what my trendier housemates call 'the dating game'

At what point do you tell a girl that you shoot, especially if you shoot cute fluffy animals, or even, woe betide, an evil Bambi/Basil Brush killer???

Do mention it at the 'so what do you do in your spare time' stage?

Do you order a game based meal and slip into the conversation?

Do you wait until after you've convinced her to wear a gimp mask??

Whilst on the subject, I was once mightily impressed by a shooting friends sister (18, blonde, slim yet curvy in all the right places, )who said:

"I don't know why little boys play warhammer and stuff, they should be out in the woods shooting stuff and making fires"

Unfortunately I was so flustered at this that all I managed to get out was
    "Will you marry me and be the mother of my sons?"

D'oh.

RepkaX Guest
    LOL @ "horsey" girls!!!

draftsmann Guest
    Alex, if it isn't indelicate to suggest it.....

Tell her when she is in the throes of whatever they call the-female-equivalent-of-the-vinegar-strokes. That way she will always associate your harmless pursuit with the acme of ecstacy.....

Adrian

after a few weeks bliss on honeymoon and then 20 years of escalating misery my advice is this.

find a nice prostitute. you can tell her what the hell you want and she will believe you
    theres no ties and believe me it will be cheaper in the long run
    Regards
    Seggy

When I mentioned getting into airguns she just did that thing and muttered " 'Figures!"

ATB

Ogri the trog
    Improvise, Adapt & Overcome

I'm pretty anti-women at the moment for reasons I won't go into, but as I see it you can;

1. Tell her you shoot targets, she'll reply with '...What like clay pigeons...?' - Yes, you reply but then tell her you sometimes get asked to sort out pests ( don't mention rabbits ), that pose a certain danger to horses and thus the happines of disabled kids that ride them, that is, of course, when their unemployed/ill parents can gather the money to pay for a single lesson.

2. Tell her you sometimes help a local, elderly gunsmith to complete his tasks. Tell her you work mainly with wood as you like it's flowing lines and beautiful deep grain patterns which reflect the ambient light, strangley enough, just like her eyes do ( then plaster your hands all over her norks and wrench at her knickers).

3. Tell her that one of your OAP neighbours (who has recently lost her lifelong, war veteren, VC winning husband), likes to partake in the odd bit of taxidermy. She can't move her zimmerframe over rough fields to shoot animals by herself (animals that she needs in order to enjoy her hobby and thus stop her from missing her husband and ending up in a retirement home where she'll get beaten ) , so you go along with her to hold the game bag, lamp and other required equipment. Tell her you hate doing it but feel you owe her as these are the people who made Britain Great through living with the Dunkirk spirit in the London underground system whilst fighting off Jack the Ripper, the Black Death and sang 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' etc.

4. Tell her you kill rabbits and other animals that you like to hunt. Tell her this is what you enjoy and who the **** does she think she is to criticise you and something she knows ****-all about. Tell her you won't criticise her daft activities, you won't moan when she spends £150 on more shoes and she can watch all of the episodes of Friends she likes as long as she understands that there sometimes has to be a little give and take, or more simply, her not taking all the time. Let her know that she'll not go wanting and you'll buy her the odd frock and do what needs doing around the house etc. Tell her that if she'll leave you alone to do what you enjoy and not what she thinks you enjoy ( like choosing which herbs would suit the windowbox ), then everything will be fine. Tell her not to be so stupid as to believe meat grows in Sainsburys and take her to a slaughter house to see how it's really 'made'. Then onto a vets to watch a couple of dogs being put down - then place your arm around her gently and tell her how much more effective a well placed bullet/pellet would have been.

I guarantee this final approach will teach her respect for you. Her eyes will mist over like one of the rabbits in Watership Down and soon after that she'll be at it like one of the cast.

Hope this helps - Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Sam Guest
    "Only date horsey/country girls who don't care" - That'll be me then!

Smile Horseey

Sam
    I dont think Kells would like being described as horsy. She does not look at all horsey in her photo's.
    Whens your move looking likely?
    Tutchi

Sid Guest
    Originally posted by draftsmann

Tell her when she is in the throes of whatever they call the-female-equivalent-of-the-vinegar-strokes.
    Adrian
    That'll be when she's eating a bar of chocolate then

Gary C Guest
    after she's given you a BJ.

Then who cares ?

Set ground rules with your single mates too, else the following scenario is bound to crop up....

You and a mate are enjoying a sociable pint or four when you start a conversation at the bar with an attractive young wench. She and her not so attractive friend follow you back to your table and you continue the conversation forcing your mate to talk to the friend. He decides he fancies the charming young thing that is currently fluttering her eyelashes at you and making appreciative noises and so butts in with 'has he told you yet he shoots fluffy bunny wunnies yet ?'
    This is followed by 'ooooh that's cruel' from said wench. At this moment you maybe considering going on the defensive, don't bother it won't work. Simply ask if she's a veggie, if she says no ask her where she thinks her meat comes from and that at least you know Mr Bunny didn't suffer. She'll either throw a hissy fit (but you were onto a loser anyway) or say 'well I suppose.....' If it's the second steer the conversation back to it's original topic and continue whilst making a mental note to tell her unfit mate that your mate fancies her.
    I'm telling you it moved!

Sid Guest
    I find if you are handsome and very good at sex then even vegetarian girls will forget their principles
    A really really good seeing to can even induce them to cook bacon and sossiges for your breakfast....

I agree with the above (100% and all that )

also, get a posh bird, they love it and really couldn't care less what you're interested in as long as they're......'happy'
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    He He, I knew this would get a good response.

My interest is purely academic, the looming spectre of singledom, (which will require me to make a concerted effort when I go out and stuff) has been averted.

I have been working on my gf for 18 months now, I started by introducing her to cooked rabbit, and two weeks ago she helped me prepare some pigeons. She wants to learn how to skin a rabbit next! Hopefully, I will just be able to drop them on the side board and go and get a beer while she 'processes' them soon!

Alex

Toady Guest

Bet I know which pigeon

I hope you got all of the AAA shot out of it before you cooked it! At least it was very fresh huh?