Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk3 small problem

Mk3 small problem

Bought a Mk3 a few weeks ago.When bought the loading bolt would go "fully in".But now the bolt handle is about 2/3mm away from the rear end of the bolt housing/casing & will not fully push in to be "flush".Any ideas why this has suddenly started to happen/cause ?

Swifty YHM

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Cheers Barry, THANKS for the advice;will give that a try

hey swifty, whats the Mk3 like? i'm think of getting myself one.

is it easy to program and stuff? do the beeps and flashes get in the way atall?

Gaz

Err I don't think you should worry about the beeps/lights on the gun;turn them off or on;but I like them Programme the gun to tell you when it it needs refilling etc,etc.Was shooting bullseye's at 50 yards yesterday with ease to the extent it was getting boring on paper targets.

i was alittle wary of it at first, all them 'tronics i just saw it as more to go wrong but it seems to have proven itself as a relieble gun!

Hi gaz gun man. I know you didn't ask me but I thought I'd take the liberty of jumping in with my tuppence worth. The Mk 3 doesn't need any programming - it comes ready to shoot straight out of the box, just like any other gun - apart from a switch on the underside that needs a key. You could happily use it without going near any of the programmable functions. Same with the beeps - it only beeps if you want it to. Personally I find it quite handy if it beeps to say it's on its last shot. I also change the power setting sometimes. Changing any of the settings is really easy and takes just a few seconds.

I can't praise this rifle enough.

Lionel

thanks, lionel.

if i were to use it when out hunting i wouldnt like it to sound like a ruddy computer game, hence asking about the programming

thanks for your input, mate

Have seen this happen with a MkIII when using a single shot adaptor plate. What happens is if the rifle is loaded pointing upward at all a pellet can slip back into the hole from which the bolt comes. Then when you push the bolt forward the pellet gets jammed under the back edge of the loading tray and stops the bolt going fully home. Cure is to remove the single loading tray and you'll find a mangled bit of pellet under it.

Tony

Read somewhere(probably here) that someone did a "water pouring" test on the electronics for 24 hours & the gun still was perfect afterwards.

Gaz
    Mine is and has been for the last 15 months exactly the same, as long as the bolt drops down when you push it foreward theres no problem.
    º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°UKAHFT°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

www.ukahft.co.uk

the water thing was on show from Daystate at some gun show or summat, saw it in the mags, prob what convinced me

thanks for the input, Lou.
    looks like my mind is made up then! birthday end of june so BAR better have their ordering services back to the norm by then

Tried "Airgunners" & "The Shootist's" advice but it's still not "Flush";doesn't affect the accuracy but was flush when bought

there was a thread a few weeks ago about pellets that had fallen out of the mag into the bolt housing and eventually causing the bolt to jam.
    worth a look as it has happened to a few peeps.
    Regards
    Seggy

Seggy

I don't use a mag,just the single shot tray.The bolt does'nt "jam" just won't be flush to the back casing as when bought