Thread: Fn12 - .20

Naff Shot Guest

Fn12 - .20

Currently have an AAS410 in .177 and am thinking of adding a FN12 light hunter single shot .20, for extra bunny dropping power.

How meny 'full power' shots can I expect at 12Ftlb ??

I know guns are all diffrent but, do you have any pellet recommendations...

Thanx NS

michaeladkins Guest
    Welcome mr shot

I Cant answer specific questions about the FN rifle, But i do have a .20 PCP rifle which shoots really well with h and n barracudas excellent pellet quite weighty with good power output.

Mine also shoots well with HandN FTT.

Michael

Snapshot. Guest
    Working back from my old FN12RS in .22 I think you'll get around 40 'good' shots in .20.

With .20 it's a case of trying what pellets you can find but most shops stock one or two. I've got six different types for my .20 MFR and find Baracudas, FTTs and Superfields work well. Accupell are also worth trying.

Jonathan

Naff Shot Guest
    Thanks for the replys, nice for a newbie not to get slaughterd on the first post to a new site...

What, in your oppionion, would be the optimum pellet weight for a .20 10grains ???

If I feed my .177 on 9 grain pellets, with the increased speed, will this do the same job or am I missing something

michaeladkins Guest
    Optimum for a .20 is around 12g - based on a thread on here IIRC try a search and see

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Definately 12 grains - any less, may as well go .177 with 10.5 grain BisMAgs, any more and go .22 with 14 grainers...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.