What do you mean by innocent Brocock owners? Ingnorance of the law is no defence. Belive me if the Goverment put their minds to it they will find some owners and make examples of them. It wouldn't be that hard, 6 years of records is a hell of a lot to get info from and warranty cards are even better.
By the way my friend has at the moment been give one of three special licences in the country to handle,store and export TAC guns.
As a member of a Gov agency I have unlimited access to any financial and business records and would have no trouble tracing the first owner of the gun. If the recent DVLA road tax programe of last owner is liable is used would scare many people into giving up the people they sold them on to.
I agree that not many would be caught but the poor *uggers that were would be hung out to dry just so the Gov and Chief Constable could be see to be doing something.
I really am not trying to scare people but if they really want to trust the police then by all means take your guns to the local station and I'm sure you will be treated well.
They are unregistered firearms NOT unregistered Brococks!