Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yeha My fac has turned up

Re: yeha My fac has turned up

Originally posted by Hornets Nest
    at long last my SCAC fac has turned up , i can now relax knowing all my 18 items are safe. im chuffed to bits , had to tell someone

Matt,
    Excellent! Welcome to my world (LOL). I will say this though, there is much to be said for some great sub FAC airguns. I recently acquired a rammed .177 Superstar and it's spot on accurate. I've bagged a couple bushytails already with it. RB

michaeladkins Guest
    In defence of Stumpy Lubnut -

My Local FLO told me last week that after the official date for handing in or licensing had ended the Herts police gave a few weeks "grace" period to allow people who "did not know" to hand in without any problems.

BUT he also said that now that period is over anyone found with one or even trying to hand the offending weapon in would be "dealt with", What that means i do not know but as stated earlier Ignorance id no defence!

It seems, as with all things police/gun related that the story differs from area to area.

Michael

neill Guest

fac

My brocock fac also arrived today so my fox and para will be out and about again soon. A condition of the fac is that no one else can handle it so thats sorted the awkward problem of not letting anyone have a go of it at the club!

BoNeS Guest
    stumpy you say it would be easy to trace the 1st owner of a brocock

how so i payed cash for mine at a game fair and never sent in a warrenty card or gave my details

the police do however know i have it because i applied for an fac and am awaiting the outcome of said app

however do the police actually have the resourses IE manpower to trace all these criminals who have brococks after the cutoff date?

I dont doubt that if they raided a property on another matter or came across someone who hadnt applied and was in possesion then they would not hesitate to make an example but i really cant see them trying to trace everyone with an illegal brocock

if they do try and do this i for one will be asking my local mp why those resourses are not being used to track down nigerian and west indian drug dealers with uzis and 9mm's who are the real threat to our familys and friends not some bloke with a brocock and let us remember the that brococks were banned not because they were being used to kill people but because they were deemed as easily converted to fire live ammo

just my opinion and they are like arseholes everyone has one
    Last edited by BoNeS; 20-05-2004 at 07:49 PM.

I don't think they will attempt to track down every gun that would be impossable, more likley they would look to make examples of a few and the easiest way to do that would be via warrenties.
    After all the fuss in the press they must be seen to be doing something.
    A related matter was a recent article in the Kent Messanger stating that ALL air guns have now been banned and the carrying of them in pubilc was now against the law(I thought this was always the case!) Ain't the free press great!!

brpcock is a company not a type of weopon

Firstly the bloke who said the police are going to do a rampage and do a search for illegally held weapons by tracing credit cards etc , is pure pants , i have two relatives in the force one of which is part of SO19 , there are no chief constables frothing at the mouth demanding their officers to carry out such a task ,budgets are simply to tight to carry out this kind of response.

also remember that there are many makes saxby & palmer ,crown,pietta ,uberti to name a few , not all of these were brought in by Brocock

if you add these to the offical figures that brocock has said then you are considerably mis informed when they say there are 70.000 in circulation ,

And to KoZ , Ii will mail you shortly

The entire team at my local Firearms licence dept are all happy go lucky people who have no desire to make enemies of the public
    it is why they have contacted all shooting clubs in their area and went on prime time news to alert people of the new anti social behaviour law which these items fall under ,

Yes I admit that I was ill informed the actual number was 75,000 for all TAC guns.
    I am a member of three gun clubs, two are mixed firearm/air gun and one a dedicated air gun. None have been contacted by the local police regarding the recent changes in the law and I don't recall any accurate prime time news articles in my area regarding the recent changes in the law.
    Regarding your reletives could they also not be mistaken in the're interpretation of what they have been told?
    The only reason I posted in the first place was to try to protect and warn anyone who still has any of these guns now held illigally, I just hope when the first example is made of some poor bugger you will stump up the legal costs.
    My wifes best friends husband is also a member of SO19 as part of the PM's protecton squad but dose that make my info better than yours? And I would be a little worried if my local FL dept team were '' happy go lucky!''
    Last edited by stumpy lubnut; 22-05-2004 at 05:05 PM.

abbo Guest
    Originally posted by PV
    Credit card details are subject to Data Protection and invices only have to be kept for 6 years
    Paul
    Disclosure to the police is permitted under the Act for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.

The Police officer who checked out my security arrangements thought it was ridiculous that they were being put on FAC.

But if Blunkett decides that they have to find some owners and prosecute, then that's what they will do.

And I've got enough to worry about without a possible dawn raid by armed coppers!