Thread: Mail Order

Mail Order

Why is it that when buying from shops,(mail order) all your questions are answered, all faxes returned and all monies gratefully received, but if you have a problem with an item that you have purchased suddenly you get no answer to your faxes. You can never get through on the phone, it's like you don't exist.
    And this treatment is from a reputable organisation.

Cheers

Bill.
    Faulty item replaced received by post today, happy, but no still phone call etc.
    Bill
    Last edited by heliwilly; 19-05-2004 at 11:33 AM.

NAME AND SHAME
    Steve Topp Brain-finger, Brain-finger, Finger- brain DOOH
    REDFEARNS FTC
    Air Arms Owners Club

Er - how about "check facts, find out what the hold up was, then think about posting"

Sick to death of ****in witch hunts on here at the moment...

<edit>

Not aimed at you there Bill - Appreciate it can get frustrating when you feel like you're being blanked..

Just been a bit too much heavy-handedness on here of late and wanted t o stop the witch-burners chucking their oars in!

Dan
    </edit>
    Last edited by Geordie; 19-05-2004 at 11:35 AM.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Try JSR instead, they will not diferentiate between pre and post sales service - You cant get through on the telephone for either !

Seriously, sorry to hear of your problem. Did your Fax outline the problem ?
    If so have you given them enough time to investigate and respond ?

Try faxing them with your telephone number, asking for a call back
    as you cannot get through (do not highlight that you have a complaint - just establish urgency)

Hope you get it sorted mate - Im sure if it is one of the ones that has a good reputation on the BBS that it will be.

GEORDIE,

How about you learning to read before making comments.
    How can I "check the facts" when the shop in question dont return faxes and you can't get through on the phone. They also don't have e-mail. If you have a different method of contacting people(Telepathy) perhaps you would teach us mere mortals how to do it.

Bill

irritating b'stards

this sort of thing really gets up my nose but it is becoming more common all the time. is it because people are doing more business over net and phone? I have to say though this is another reason to shop local support your local economy and get better service into the bargain. my local gun shop is great they will get me anything that i ask 4 pretty much and is usually a good deal.

Shaggy Guest
    All said & done, I do prefur to shop locally, we are pretty lucky really, within 10sq miles we have 5 gunshops

they all have there fan's mine is Abridge, they'd rather steer you right then sell you something your not after.
    but all that said and done, some times mail order means a cheaper price because of the quanitity bought & sold.

I have found in the past the are all pretty good, but they do seem somethimes to do things people get annoyed about! I have in the past bought things mail Order not just becasue of price, but becasue they have said they have in stock & I can have it next day delivery, where as the local shops say a week.

What annoys me is when they say they have it & you pay for it, then by the end of the next working Day you call to find out when & how was it sent they come up with a Line I have heard loads of people moan about
    Sorry the last one went out just befroe you placed your order, our next delivery is next week, we can send it next day after our delivery or we could offer you a subby? dunno why they do it they just do.

Darren

Originally posted by heliwilly
    GEORDIE,

How about you learning to read before making comments.
    How can I "check the facts" when the shop in question dont return faxes and you can't get through on the phone. They also don't have e-mail. If you have a different method of contacting people(Telepathy) perhaps you would teach us mere mortals how to do it.

Bill
    Well done, you shouted my name

I prefer carrier pigeon as a last resort messaging tactic - failing that most areas will answer the phone with a little perseverance.

All the "naming and shaming" going on here of late, with little to back it up can do no good to anyone - so you didn't get a fax back, and you're having bother on the phone?

As for facts - I saw no qualifiers of timescales involved, just your post above, followed by a "burn them, burn them" response.

You later edited your post to state that the item had been replaced, but still no followup call.

So the "facts" that I need to "learn to read" are - you had a problem, you complained, they replaced the item, but neglected to call you up begging your forgiveness?

Boo ****in hoo

Originally posted by Shaggy_Pack
    All said & done, I do prefur to shop locally, we are pretty lucky really, within 10sq miles we have 5 gunshops

they all have there fan's mine is Abridge, they'd rather steer you right then sell you something your not after.
    but all that said and done, some times mail order means a cheaper price because of the quanitity bought & sold.

I have found in the past the are all pretty good, but they do seem somethimes to do things people get annoyed about! I have in the past bought things mail Order not just becasue of price, but becasue they have said they have in stock & I can have it next day delivery, where as the local shops say a week.

What annoys me is when they say they have it & you pay for it, then by the end of the next working Day you call to find out when & how was it sent they come up with a Line I have heard loads of people moan about
    Sorry the last one went out just befroe you placed your order, our next delivery is next week, we can send it next day after our delivery or we could offer you a subby? dunno why they do it they just do.

Darren
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    thats how they work it to be cheaper the do not carry any stock have no or next to no premises they r just middle men taking a cut. but at the end of the day you pay your money and take your choice. I just like to deal with people face to face most people cant bullsh@t you when you look them in the eye.

Shaggy Guest
    Originally posted by si72
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    thats how they work it to be cheaper the do not carry any stock have no or next to no premises they r just middle men taking a cut. but at the end of the day you pay your money and take your choice. I just like to deal with people face to face most people cant bullsh@t you when you look them in the eye.
    A MEN ! Brudda, the only problem is if you need it yesterday!