Thread: An uncommon Gamo...

An uncommon Gamo...

Gamo Auto 45 .177. It's a replica of the .45ACP compact Glock ("whichever model number that is"), although the grip is more sub-compact.
    It fires lead BBs predominantly and has a rifled barrel, but it can shoot steel BBs at risk to wearing the rifling. A single .177 pellet can be loaded directly as designed.

DAO, the trigger isn't good. The magazine system is quite clever and interesting being set beneath the barrel. Power comes out at around 3ft/lbs in warmer weather without much variation between ammo. Accuracy is sufficient to hit a can at 15 yards, the back sight is actually windage adjustable.

These were made in four variations IIRC, each was of an iconic firearm, but I can't remember the others at all. Quality is quite good, much better than the current CO2 pistols Gamo make. Production ended in 2005 IIRC and they are quite rare.

This is one of two or three I've seen in the past two years. Apologise for the picture quality, the damn penny pinching light bulb doesn't help.
    Anyway, I hope this has been of interest.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3364/glocklb9.png

Nice to see that fine looking pistol, thanks for posting, Phil