Thread: just curious but..

just curious but..

what would be the most popular airrifle with uk shooters?
    also if uk air rifles are ltd to 12ft unless u have a fac why own something like webley patriot etc?

I would think the answer would be something like the BSA Lightning. For every PCP thats bought there must be quite a few cheaper(£) springers bought.

Dave.

draftsmann Guest

Re: just curious but..

Originally posted by si72
    if uk air rifles are ltd to 12ft unless u have a fac why own something like webley patriot etc?
    Very good question. I think that most British shooters who take the trouble to obtain an FAC for an air rifle would justify the hassle by getting something better than a Patriot.

Adrian

what i mean is

if you dont have fac what is the point in owning a restricted model?
    may as well buy a b18 for 50 pounds(a guess) and spend the rest on a labotomy?

RochdaleLad Guest

Re: what i mean is

Originally posted by si72
    if you dont have fac what is the point in owning a restricted model?
    may as well buy a b18 for 50 pounds(a guess) and spend the rest on a labotomy?
    Because, I'm guessing, that those Chinese models run at about 5ft/lbs and accuracy is pretty dire. Not to mention the fact it'll fall apart after 10 shots

We spend money on good guns because we want accuracy and reliability (sp). And of course some of us like to have bells and whistles.

Um... I'm sure theres lots of other reasons, but I can't think of any right now. Need more sleep.

David.

The majority of air rifles made for the UK market are designed for sub 12ftlb useage. They are as accurate as any FAC air rifle just restricted for shorter, but not much shorter, distances.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Also, the majority of hunters in the UK do so in a humane way, i.e. 1 shot 1 kill, and thus accuracy and reliability are paramount before cost.
    Rgds,
    Dave.

you'd be suprised

rochdale lad. i owned a b18 for a while a ok not the best gun on the market but i put 5ooo pellets through it and when i traded it i got 3\4 my cash back it was still good to go. it grouped less than 1.5" at 25 -30mt. rated at 860 fps would be about as good as uk restricted. it knocked a fair few bunnies over .depends what u want to do with it shoot it or give it a girls name and take it to bed and stroke it as you go to sleep. its like buying a ferrari to go down to the shops.

Like I said,
    Originally posted by Davestate
    Also, the majority of hunters in the UK do so in a humane way, i.e. 1 shot 1 kill, and thus accuracy and reliability are paramount before cost.
    "1.5" at 25-30mtrs" is know where near the accuracy we aim for. Some quarries kill zone is less than half that, out to double the distance as well.
    Rgds,
    Dave.