Thread: Instant Kharma ?

Gary C Guest

Instant Kharma ?

A while ago I posted my thoughts as to why we can't get shoots and how we can improve our chances.

Sunday morning I got an sms at 0630 off Graham - the farmer who gave Max and I the 1st shoot and then got us 3 more. I called him back immediately and he complained re a rabbit problem. I'd never seen any - but he mentioned "2 fields we never went to".

yeah yeah I thought. He does tend to exaggerate. BUT - he's a good bloke so I cancelled my plans last night and went along. Max did the same.

End result 20 rabbits in 3 hours and a VERY happy farmer. Best sport I've had in a long time. Went out of our way on a "wild goose chase to keep the farmer happy"...and had a great shoot.

Instant Kharma.

The phrases:

Some people

Sh*te

and

'smelling of roses' spring to mind!

P.S.

I'm also minded to that 'work slogan':

"Seems the harder we work, the 'luckier' we get".....

Last edited by Baldie; 18-05-2004 at 11:52 AM.
    To be good, one must do good.

Maxwell Guest
    "Word of mouth" is the best form of advertising when it comes down to shooting, as Gary pointed out this farmer seems to know every other farmer in the area and is more than willing to put our names forward to do any shooting that might come up!

Mind you the CRATE of beer that i gave him for xmas may have helped as well....

Maxwell

More jam than Hartleys

Nice one

Ogri the trog
    Improvise, Adapt & Overcome

Gary C Guest
    Originally posted by Maxwell
    "Word of mouth" is the best form of advertising when it comes down to shooting, as Gary pointed out this farmer seems to know every other farmer in the area and is more than willing to put our names forward to do any shooting that might come up!

Mind you the CRATE of beer that i gave him for xmas may have helped as well....

Maxwell
    Crate of beer is Wiltshire rhyming slang. .. I guess Max refreshes the parts other (Crates of) beers don't reach...