Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: humane kill?

humane kill?

this is surely a contradiction in terms. in any case can anyone honestly say hand on heart that they 100% get this result?
    how can it be guaranteed no mater how good a shot u r ? the fact is it cannot. a kill is a kill there is nothing humane about it if you are going to get all gooey about it take up golf.

No one's getting "gooey about it". It's known as having respect for your sport.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Gary C Guest
    Couch it in whatever terms you like. It's about killing an animal with the minimum of suffering.

If this means nothing to you then your are in the wrong sport and on the wrong BBS.

your point is ?

that is not a denial. respect in what sense? respect for the rodents?

the issue

gary
    when your livley hood is threatened and the ecology of your high country is eroded by a non indigenous species who do nothing but breed eat breed eat then it is nothing to do with respect or sport it is a matter of conservation and preservation.

Maybe. But that doesn't preclude taking a pride in doing the job properly.

dont get me wrong

eddie
    i shoot to kill . when you shoot at an animal thats what you are doing. my origional point has been lost prob because of the golf jibe but i think the origional statement is valid.and the responses have skirted the issue. it is not i that are "couch things" in other terms",the term humane kill is doing just that.

Pat... Guest

Re: the issue

Originally posted by si72
    gary
    when your livley hood is threatened and the ecology of your high country is eroded by a non indigenous species who do nothing but breed eat breed eat then it is nothing to do with respect or sport it is a matter of conservation and preservation.
    You are a bit of a bore.

I'm glad we sent you rabbits....

limited intellegence

pat
    thats the only response i will give to something that fell out of a cows ****.
    regards
    si

Pat... Guest

Pat... Guest
    Anyway why are you up at this time?

waiting

wife is in hospital expecting our 1st born. im waiting for phone to ring cant sleep im a bit excited.

Pat... Guest
    its not just the rabbits that are breeding then?

peter shilton

correct slipped one past the goalie as they say. got the pat pat pat of tiny feet in ur house cob?

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    'Humane Kill' would imply killing as humanely as practically possible. This would distinguish it from a 'sadistic kill' for example. I think that the point is that you can kill something in such a way as to minimise its pain (as far as is practical), and this would be decribed as humane, (with humanity) to kill something in a way in which you ensured it suffered the most pain before it died (to take the opposite extreme) would be a 'sadistic kill'.

Despite what some people may think, possibly yourself amongst them, we do not generally hunt because we enjoy the act of killing per se, if that was our goal then it would be far more economical to buy rabbits and hamsters from pet shops and torture them to death, than to hunt animals in the wild.

Obviously we do not all achieve the most humane kill possible with every shot, but most of us always do everything we reasonably can to ensure that we are as humane as possible.

Hope that clears things up for you a little.

Alex
    Last edited by RemMag; 19-05-2004 at 02:18 PM.