so you gain no pleasure in killing then why do it? and b4 you come out with all that being out at 1 with nature line why dont u just go for a walk? why not as a friend of mine does with deer and thar take a camera and take pictures?
I gain pleasure in hunting, in being able to seek out, sneak up on, and kill my prey, and then eat it with a beer or three. I have a strong urge to hunt, and would, for example, very much like to hunt in Africa. (When I win the lottery!) But I don't enjoy killing for itself, is that so very hard to understand? If you gave me a rabbit in a cage I wouldn't gain any particular pleasure from killing it, (not that it would bother me much either) but if I had hunted it in the wild, I would have enjoyed the entirety of the hunt.

I guess it is all about respect for your quarry and for the world around you, I believe I have a right to hunt and kill for pleasure but I do not believe that I have a right to cause deliberate and callous suffering for my own pleasure. Thus I try and hunt and kill in a manner which does not cause gratuitous suffering to whatever it is that I hunt.

That might sound like a cliche, but if it is it is probably because lots of other people have said the same thing, and that does not neccesarily diminsh the value of my point does it?

Alex