Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: humane kill?

Exactly. We all hunt to kill. But we want to do it as effectively, efficiently and humanely as possible. In the real world it may not always happen that way. But that's our intention. Isn't it yours too?

so you gain no pleasure in killing then why do it? and b4 you come out with all that being out at 1 with nature line why dont u just go for a walk? why not as a friend of mine does with deer and thar take a camera and take pictures?

Originally posted by EddieP
    Exactly. We all hunt to kill. But we want to do it as effectively, efficiently and humanely as possible. In the real world it may not always happen that way. But that's our intention. Isn't it yours too?
    Err no not really, if it was, he'd buy a decent rifle and get his kill zone down from "1.5" at 25-30mtrs".
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

eddie of course you are correct.
    the head is a smaller target if you miss an opportunity has been missed. many people here in nz would say the only good rabbit is a dead rabbit. I am not a sadist i am a reallist we need to get rid of them its as simple as that. anyway would you not say that galloping around on horse back following a pack of baying hounds running a fox into the ground is a humane way of limiting their numbers or an archaic sadistic ritual that belongs in the history books under the barbaric section?

TX Sniper Guest
    im confused does this si72 guy hunt or not, is he ante, what is his point and what the hell is he talking about. Congrats on the baba si72 guy by the way This thread about humane kills has been coverd like a gazillion times, people have different veiws and it normallyt ends up getting unessacerly heated.

(wait till the big guns get goin )

If you fancy a more philosophy based chat though me and waterboy are quite good

TX Sniper Guest
    archaic sadistic ritual that belongs in the history books under the barbaric section?
    Stop with the long words already, im hungoveer its making my head hurt

davestate of mind ?

i did buy another rifle. did u spend all that money on rifles and still have change for the full frontal? and buy the way i dont think ive ever seen a rabbit that was less than 1.5" across.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    It is quite common for folks using the BBS to associate themselves with the verb 'Hunt'

It is somewhat less common for someone to associate themself with a Noun of similar spelling !

tx sniper

i am pro getting rid of rabbits posssums etc they dont belong here. i knew this would get things going thats why i started it.
    im yanking chains. but i stand by what i say. and fox hunting blowing a trumpet is you must agree sadistic etc etc you have a hangover so wont get carried away.
    thanks for your congrats.
    si

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    so you gain no pleasure in killing then why do it? and b4 you come out with all that being out at 1 with nature line why dont u just go for a walk? why not as a friend of mine does with deer and thar take a camera and take pictures?
    I gain pleasure in hunting, in being able to seek out, sneak up on, and kill my prey, and then eat it with a beer or three. I have a strong urge to hunt, and would, for example, very much like to hunt in Africa. (When I win the lottery!) But I don't enjoy killing for itself, is that so very hard to understand? If you gave me a rabbit in a cage I wouldn't gain any particular pleasure from killing it, (not that it would bother me much either) but if I had hunted it in the wild, I would have enjoyed the entirety of the hunt.

I guess it is all about respect for your quarry and for the world around you, I believe I have a right to hunt and kill for pleasure but I do not believe that I have a right to cause deliberate and callous suffering for my own pleasure. Thus I try and hunt and kill in a manner which does not cause gratuitous suffering to whatever it is that I hunt.

That might sound like a cliche, but if it is it is probably because lots of other people have said the same thing, and that does not neccesarily diminsh the value of my point does it?

Alex

Steven, exactly m8, hit the nail bang on the head there.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    Well if a rabbit is over 1.5" across, and you then shoot one in the ****, does it bother you?

steven

what is your problem perhaps you could be more specific? I could respond to being called a c#@t on a more base level but i will leave that to those who belong in the gutter. do you hunt foxs on horse back is that whats getting to you?

TX Sniper Guest
    fair enough, it does lead to some interesting debates when something controversial is said. As far as fox hunting goes, i satnd on the fence, as a keen lamper i can't see it as a realistic way of controlling numbers, then again i am some what of a tradinalist and enjoys country sports and the social side of it. As far as the suffering and things go, as i have said before on a moral ground and ethical ground seeing animals suffer does not upset me personally. That is not to say that i agree with it or think that anything other than a humane kill should be the aim at all times, but if people do not agree then i will not try to enforce my veiws on them. The main reason i support hunting in this country is because if that gets banned then who knows what next.

I choose not to be a vegetarian, because if we weren't supposed to eat animals then why are they made of meat? But I've also seen what goes on in slaughter houses and I'd rather be the rabbit (the humanely shot one) than the pig any day. That's one of my reasons for doing it, not a pleasure in killing for killing's sake, but a belief in the idea that if you want a job doing properly, etc.

Other people have different views and reasons, but I believe we should all have respect for our quarry and aim to kill either humanely or not at all, so if I'm not confident in a shot I won't take it. But you're right, nothing is ever 100% guaranteed, but I'm talking about intent, and on that score we surely have a duty?