Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: humane kill?

RemMag is offline We're getting married, Weevie and me.
    With regards Fox Hunting, it is fairly humane and natural as these things go.

But how can you champion using cheap guns to shoot your pray in the ass and then criticise us for Fox Hunting??

did u spend all that money on rifles and still have change for the full frontal?

TX Sniper Guest
    sorry again lads but i feel i must appologise for my grammer and spelling, trust me i am never drinking jamesons to that extent again

Agree with your cliche point alex, nicely put

alex

i do not aim for the a#rs# . your previous point well made. unfortunatley some people seem unable to expess themselves properly. but point in case you shoot at a rabbit it moves you hit it in the ar#se . what do you do? well i dont stand there fealing sorry for it i find it and finish it off as quickly as possible.

draftsmann Guest
    Interesting thread. Most blokes waiting for their missus to drop a sprog pace the corridor with a fag hanging out of each corner of their mouth instead of trolling internet forums.....

Adrian

tx sniper

fair enough i think we have reached a level of understanding and mutual respect. perhaps this is not a simple issue . my origional point was that killing is killing it is a simple premise. my intention was to draw people into thought and debate on the subject. and newzealand is not england and vice versa things are different here our island is a rural community our economy is based on the countryside and therefore we must view things from a different standpoint.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Not sure the missus would have ever conceived if the best i could manage to shoot was 1.5" groups

draftsman

wife is asleep. will be induced tommorow if bab does not come b4 then. i have spent so much time in hospital waiting that i think they were gong to have me charged with vagrancy. wife is a nurse sensible type told me no panic go home i will ring u if it comes. going back there at 8am.

well i dont stand there fealing sorry for it i find it and finish it off as quickly as possible.
    Well that would be how I would expect someone who is a 'humane hunter' to behave, and how most of us would (I hope) behave.

You seem to have argued yourself round on yourself, I'm confused?

Or are you saying that you would happily shoot something in the back first time, and then dispatch it with a second shot? As a delibrate plan?

As far as I can see, this came from the point on another thread that 1.5" is a low level of accuracy for humane hunting, I can shoot down to about 0.5" at 35 yards with my HW95K (not bad for a springer,eh?). Which makes it less likely that I will shoot the rabbit in the **** than someone who is using a rifle that shoots to 1.5".

alex

you have just lost the argument mate.
    fox hunting is fairly humane?
    come on you yak on about taking pride this humane that then come out with that line frankly im disapointed i thought more of you. as i said b4 i do not aim for the a#rse and i do not own a cheap gun. and steven thats because your d##k is less that 1.5" mate pity its not as big as the one on your head eh?

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?

Re: steven

Originally posted by si72
    [B] I could respond to being called a c#@t on a more base level but i will leave that to those who belong in the gutter./B]
    Oh well Si,

Back to the gutter for you then !

my final post b4 bed

alex
    I would if presented with the **** of a rabbit either try to get it stand up or wait a while for it to move or move to a better spot i dont want to spend half the night chasing wounded rabbits.
    steven
    looks like were both in the gutter pass me the special brew will you cob ?
    everyone else who posted
    i have enjoyed the chat thanks v much
    check u l8tr
    si

TX Sniper Guest
    i dunno what i would do with out the bbs. its amazing how such clever decent lads can present such thoughtful arguments but in the next post resort to chhildish jibes, funny but childish, the 1.5" ones, are they needed? I like a good laugh and its great that everyone has a sense of humour but when there intended hurtfully its not the greaest way of expressing one's self. This applys to you all and myself. si there aint no need for the d1ck jokes and as a new member it would be wise if not courtious to be more polite to us ancient seniors, and as the seniors we should set a better example. Now i am only 17 and i can clearly see this so come on lads dont make one of the youngest fell like the oldest

Good grief! How did I miss this load of bo11ocks for so long?

Humane kills. si72 (I am not a number, I am a free man!) seems to object to the possibility as a concept. Well, some rabbits I shot the other night with a .223 were killed very humanely indeed. Untidily, I'll agree, but VERY humane, so the concept exists.

Fox hunting sadisitic? Well, I don't on a personal basis, much care for fox hunting, but I'll admit that it's more of a class / social thing. But, if a fox is caught, then it's dead. No argument. Quick, and often messy, but at the point of death, relatively humane. Uninformed people often confuse messy with inhumane. (Compare the quick death of the guillotine with the more 'humane' American gas chamber).

The same cannot always be said of shooting. While I consider shooting to be humane, there are always shots that wound from time to time. You ALWAYS go and find those rabbits you wounded? Assuming NZ rabbits live in holes, I don't believe you. I know nobody who will dig out half a warren and / or hack down 20 square feet of bramble to despatch a wounded rabbit.

adam_thrower Guest
    Another Semi-Constructive thread then I'm keeping quiet, last thread in this Vein that i commented on got pulled
    You ain't seen me, Roight?!

Well fox hunting is fairly humane, IMHO. I regard it as more humane than wounding game with a rifle or shotgun. I have never heard of a fox being wounded by a pack of hounds, and not killed.

It is also a damn sight more humane than having a load of poor hunters and amateur 'pest controllers' blatting away at foxes with unsuitable weapons, and wounding them.

Anyway, I don't understand what argument I have lost, you said you didn't understand the concept of 'humane hunting' so I have tried to explain it! There is a sliding scale from 'vegan' to 'sadist' and I just happen to put fox hunting above hunters who wound their quarry.

Alex
    Last edited by RemMag; 19-05-2004 at 04:06 PM.