Thread: webley vulcan

sad lad Guest

webley vulcan

guys just inherited a webley vulcan.

mint condition however no nothing about em.ie age. value

any help appreciated.

draftsmann Guest
    These rifles had their heyday in the 1980s as a cheap, powerful alternative to the mighty Weihrauchs that ruled the roost. They really were not as good as their German competitors - the trigger was far inferior, as was the breech lock up.

A really good standard Vulcan today might fetch £90-100 from a collector. There was a rarer walnut stocked version that is probably worth 50% more. Buy to fill a gap in the collection or as a fun gun but not for serious shooting.

IMHO its competitor the Mercury from BSA was a much better rifle.

Adrian

Tigger C Guest
    I agree with the above! My first ever air rifle was one of these, which I bought six years ago. It was very used, and was....... 'orrible, but I did'nt know any better I remember seeing an Airgun World review of a Sandwell Field Sports Vulcan set off in rather a nice stripey walnut stock. I wonder what it shot like? I persevered with my Vulcan for a while until I joined a club, and then bought a TX200.. much, much better!
    Chris.

I have never shot a Vulcan but always fancied one, but I endied up with a Mercury `S` and decided to give it a tune up I fitted a OX square section spring it kicked like a 303 and after a while the walnut stock gave up and fell apart, so much for home tuning!!!!!!! .

Originally posted by bobb d
    I fitted a OX square section spring it kicked like a 303
    Ox spring must be responsible for the early demise of loads of airguns.

I had one of the early Vulcan Mk 1s in .177 and loved it. The Mk1 was made 1979-81 with the thin barrel and ugly brown varnished stock. Later versions had a better stock with pistol grip cap and thicker barrel. The trigger was poor but the power (main priority in the power crazed 80's ) was very near to the legal limit. Clean examples are now becoming scarce.

H.T.H.
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Tigger C Guest
    LOL Mine came to me with a square section spring in it too
    Chris.