Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10x42 Sniper Scopes

A scope that only just fits on a Rapid MK1 or 2 won't fit on an MFR because it will foul the barrel shroud.

Lionel

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    lionel, Snapshot states that it just fits on his MFR not MK1 or II, If you were just informing me incase I did not already know this thanks for pointing it out but I was aware of this fact

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Originally posted by Barrie_G
    I'm just starting to order off the web I don't think I'm quite brave enough to order from "over the pond" just yet, so I'll just have to pay the premium for ordering from a uk business.
    D&R are 100% safe mate - do it !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Elite 4-12x40 - is this available with milldot ?

I got the Legend 5-15x40 PA, about £170 landed all inc., milldot, loverly scope now sitting attop my CZ rimmy

HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Snapshot. Guest
    Originally posted by BuddyBoy
    Elite 4-12x40 - is this available with milldot ?
    No, buggrit.

10x42 is great scope for most situations.

However i might say that the mag is too high for low-light shooting (and your eyes are younger than mine!) and for squizzer blatting.

Ditto any similar "fast action" shooting.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

I have both the Nikko Sterling & Tasco versions of this scope, all though perfect for HFT they leave a lot to be desired for hunting in the pre-dawn hours.

So if you want a mil dot for both may I suggest the Hawke mil pro HK9004 2.5-10 X 50 from Deben.

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Shaggy Guest
    Does anyone know if Edgor Bros do a addon for the 10x42 a bigger wheel? anyone know if Mr Taylor who does wheels for most is doing an extended wheel for the Edgor Bros?

I love the 10x40 Bushnell Elite3200 have a few of em but the Edgor bro has a 30mm tube & more light, I have had problems ajusting the Bushnell down & it's hard going under 15yards but possable, where the Edgor isn't such a problem. I am planning on replacing the Bushnells for Hunting & may do HFT also depends on my cash flow at the end of the month.

It could alter my decision to by them if I CAN get a bigger wheel.

Here's hoping

Shaggy

Spent a not small amount of time looking for "Edgar/Edgor" Bros scopes this afternoon (which means I'll have to work this evening now...) and come up with nothing at all.

Found some S/H stuff but nothing else.

The x10 mag with side/saddle focus sounds ideal for my current project.....

Web site or number anyone? Please?

To be good, one must do good.

Snapshot. Guest
    Sandwell Field Sports had at least one EB 10x42 in stock a couple of weeks ago.

Jonathan

Originally posted by Baldie
    Spent a not small amount of time looking for "Edgar/Edgor" Bros scopes this afternoon (which means I'll have to work this evening now...) and come up with nothing at all.

Found some S/H stuff but nothing else.

The x10 mag with side/saddle focus sounds ideal for my current project.....

Web site or number anyone? Please?

http://www.edgar-brothers.co.uk/
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Snapshot

Rang Sandwell at 5.55pm thanks to your prompt post. Got ansa-phone despite them closing at 6pm. Have left my phone number.

airgunner2388

"edgar-brothers"

That's embarressing. Now why didn't I put a dash in with my Google query? (Or EB put their name without the dash in search engine keywords?)

Local shop (Park Street Guns) will get me one if I want. Useful call as I'm out of pellets (thanks Corovid) and forgot to get them this afternoon, so off in a minute to buy some....

Also found out, by slip of the tongue from Park Street, about a NEW x16 scope about to come on the market!!!! So might wait for that anyway.

Thanks for the info guys!!

Hat's off to "Sandwell Field Sports" who rang me this morning at 9.05am.

Got good price for EB scope, which they ALWAYS keep in stock. Only downside to the conversation was what sounded like a Brummie/Wolverhampton accents. Poor bu$$ers.

Originally posted by Baldie
    Hat's off to "Sandwell Field Sports" who rang me this morning at 9.05am.

Got good price for EB scope, which they ALWAYS keep in stock. Only downside to the conversation was what sounded like a Brummie/Wolverhampton accents. Poor bu$$ers.

I hope you don't mind me asking Geoff but how much were you quoted I have the Nikko version at present and was considering a second 10x42
    Carl .. AA S410K Nikko Sniper 10x42, AA TX200SR Simmons ProAir 4-12x40, Venom 97K Nikko Sniper 10x42.

If anyone wants one of the Edgar Bros 10x Snipers, drop me a line to; air_mobile19@hotmail.com as our shop always has them in stock - can't remember the price off the top of my head but can sort it all out if need be.

Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation