Thread: Crosman Model 1

Crosman Model 1

I have a Crosman Model 1 .22 caliber pump air rifle and just love it. I rebuilt it because it was not making pressure any more. I replaced the cup seal and valve body. I also shimmed a few areas to make the rifle more accurate as I found movement in the barrel, reciever and barrel housing.

After the rebuild it has been just awesome. I love these Model 1's and hope that Crosman will bring them back for a run. I think I bought the rifle in 1983.

Here is a short video of the Crosman Model 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3HQWkZK6rA

Cool

hello facewest

i owned a mod1 a few years ago, it's a coincidence but i'm getting it back on tuesday, the lad that had it from me says it takes about twenty pumps now to get it up to power, a year or two ago i put a newly sealed cylinder in it as it wouldn't pump up at all ( it was really powerful after), the pump cup washer really could have with being replaced as it seems really shot now!, could you let me know where you obtained yours from please?

can't wait 'til tuesday

john

btw, yours looks really powerful going right though all those cans
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Model 1 repair info

The phone number to order your parts is 1-585-657-6161. That phone number is located in The United States of America. They are in State of New Jersey.

Always use Crosman Pellgun Oil. It is vital to the life of your pneumatic system. Any other oil will destroy your cup seal. Mine went bad due to not being used for several years and just plain dried out.

It took a bit of work to replace those parts. If you have any trouble send an SOS here. Or an electronic mail to this forum.

Facewest

You will need to order the following parts.
    Valve Assy: 2200K021 $5.17 US approx
    Pump Cup Seal: 760-140 $1.00 US approx

Although it is a Model 1 air rifle the Crosman Part. Number for our rifles is 2280

These will also help you.

http://www.crosman.com/2004/pdf/manu...0/C2280-OM.pdf

http://www.crosman.com/2004/pdf/manu...C2280-EVP1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Facewest View Post
    I have a Crosman Model 1 .22 caliber pump air rifle and just love it. I rebuilt it because it was not making pressure any more. I replaced the cup seal and valve body. I also shimmed a few areas to make the rifle more accurate as I found movement in the barrel, reciever and barrel housing.

After the rebuild it has been just awesome. I love these Model 1's and hope that Crosman will bring them back for a run. I think I bought the rifle in 1983.

Here is a short video of the Crosman Model 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3HQWkZK6rA
    Very good mate, I Have never had a model 1 ( ( Or the 101 which I really like )
    I have had a number of these though, And still have 2, Great guns in their day ! 1st & 3rd from left in Pic, Crossman 140,s The most powerfull gun of my youth, ( Ar least that I could get my hands on ) The Setra,s were on FAC.

Thanks for the Video
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    hello facewest

i owned a mod1 a few years ago, it's a coincidence but i'm getting it back on tuesday, the lad that had it from me says it takes about twenty pumps now to get it up to power, a year or two ago i put a newly sealed cylinder in it as it wouldn't pump up at all ( it was really powerful after), the pump cup washer really could have with being replaced as it seems really shot now!, could you let me know where you obtained yours from please?

can't wait 'til tuesday

john

btw, yours looks really powerful going right though all those cans
    Hiya mate, Seals can be got from the USA, This is one of the Mods I made on the 140, Pump head & " Another " Update, cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Very good mate, I Have never had a model 1 ( ( Or the 101 which I really like )
    I have had a number of these though, And still have 2, Great guns in their day ! 1st & 3rd from left in Pic, Crossman 140,s The most powerfull gun of my youth, ( Ar least that I could get my hands on ) The Setra,s were on FAC.

Thanks for the Video

Thank you, I have always wanted a Crosman 140 .22 cal. I was 10 years old when I got my 1969 Crosman 760 with a wooden stock and forearm. My friend who was a teenage had the 140 and I always thought of his as being a better pellet rifle.