Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats

domestos Guest

Talking Cats

was out in the garden last week zeroing my TX when a big fat woodie decided to take a perch on a horse chestnut tree thats between my garden and the fields I shoot over. Anyways as the rifle is already loaded and zeroed plus the fact that this woodie is looking straight at me I raise the rifle (thinking there is no way its gonna stay ) and aim between its eyes and squeeze the trigger...THWOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! this huge woodie falls like a rock behind the fence separating the garden from the field. Feeling dead chuffed at my handy work i went in search for this massive bird.After 20 min searching and scratching my head wandering how such mountain of woodie could have disapeared,I gave up.......until about 20mins ago when on following a bad smell eminating from my log shed!!! it seems mr bigglesworth( my cat) has been collecting trophys for quite a while I found a huge big fat stinky woodie with a hole through its head plus a pile of sparrows mice etc in bits.

Any one else got any crazy feline friends?

Alex.

jonh Guest
    Our cat brought a bat into the house the other evening.

The cat let the bat go and it (the bat) was going nutso flying round the kitchen. Add three women going nuts about the bat, a cat trying to re-capture the bat, me trying to catch the bat and a large dog jumping round trying to join in the fun and you have mayhem for a while.

Thankfully the bat was not hurt and I was able to catch it and let it go (cute little fella I thought).

The cat spent about three hours afterwards searching the house for its 'new toy', the dog calmed down after about 15 mins but the women are still bearing the emotional scars of meeting a flying mouse.

There are quite a few bats at the back of my house in the scrub woodland. Sitting in the garden at last light on a summer evening I told this to my wife. At first, she didn't believe me, but after a minute or two I pointed a couple of them out to her, she ran screaming into the house, closing the door behind her.
    When she calmed down, I asked her what her problem with the bats was. Her reply "They'll fly into my hair". I then explained that the bats were capable of snatching a flying midge out of the air in pitch darkness, so they would be most unlikely to fly into her, or anybody Else's hair.
    She is not completely convinced, and now I have endless fun when she is in the garden of an evening by pointing and shouting "look, a bat!"and watching her reaction.

Bob

machasm Guest
    Two great stories.
    Thanks guys.
    Mac

Originally posted by jonh
    Our cat brought a bat into the house the other evening.

The cat let the bat go and it (the bat) was going nutso flying round the kitchen. Add three women going nuts about the bat, a cat trying to re-capture the bat, me trying to catch the bat and a large dog jumping round trying to join in the fun and you have mayhem for a while.

Thankfully the bat was not hurt and I was able to catch it and let it go (cute little fella I thought).

The cat spent about three hours afterwards searching the house for its 'new toy', the dog calmed down after about 15 mins but the women are still bearing the emotional scars of meeting a flying mouse.
    lmao!!

have a 8 year old ginger cat with no teeth - still manages to bring more rabbits home than me!!!!

i love the way he peels the skin back off the head - the missus really loves finding those in the basement!

luckily hes never caught any of the resident bats love to watch them at dusk - quite often they fly right at your face and shoot up at the last minute!

take care

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewcentre
    The mill dot is very good, however I don't use it much as I shoot from a Landrover, so there is not much time for aiming.

starrysmoothhound Guest
    you can feed the bats, just roll up a little ball of liver pate and chuck, they home in great.

Originally posted by simonwoods
    you can feed the bats, just roll up a little ball of liver pate and chuck, they home in great.
    Wow! I've got to try that one.

Bob

Originally posted by smokin
    have a 8 year old ginger cat with no teeth - still manages to bring more rabbits home than me!!!!
    maybe you should take up shooting them instead of trying to suck them to death
    SCR Custom - rifles by Dave Brayford

"there's no point in asking... you'll get no reply" - Johnny Rotten

wacker Guest
    Came down stairs a couple of weeks ago in the morning to the sight of our cat sitting proudly next to a dead Mallard duck(we live close to a lake)he also likes to catch magpies & let them go indoors so they crap all over the curtains!

plymouth,but from birkenhead on the wirral
    used to have a cat that ate slugs . it would come into the house with slime all around its face. you could not wipe it off as it just spread. the cat would lick it all of by morning only to go through the process again next night.

parabellum Guest
    Meet Max he thinks he's an owl.

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~craigl/max.jpg

Originally posted by jools27666
    maybe you should take up shooting them instead of trying to suck them to death
    - no maybe i should try sucking them to death instead!!

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviewcentre
    The mill dot is very good, however I don't use it much as I shoot from a Landrover, so there is not much time for aiming.

mr_magoo Guest

mods?

sure i had a post on here?
    so i cant mention my dogs favorite sport?

I used to live on the grand union canal and naturally it was a magnet for bats. One day our cat managed to catch one but being a bit thick, didn't know how to deal with it.

Should you come across the same situation, the first thing you need to do is get one of your wifes shoe boxes and get some carpet and stick it to the bottom. Put the shoe box up on end and put the injured bat onto the carpet where it can hang upside down.

The next thing is to get it hydrated. A small paint brush (of the model makers size) is ideal or again raid the wifes make up bag. wash it thoroughly and get an egg cup and then feed it drips - they lick it of the brush.

Our bat was a pipistrel and a really interesting beast it was too. Very curious and it spent ages looking round the room. The fur is incredibly soft - i was really amazed. It wasnt at all scared and was content to groom itself.

If you want to keep it from further harm or flight, grab on of your womans tights, stockings pop socks etc.. and just pull it over the box. Please remember to remove your women from said item first.

Contact RSPCA as they usually know who the local Bat guru is and remember that you actually have to be licenced to handle and keep bats - even injured ones.

My bat had badly damaged wings. They actually tried surgery to fix them but it died whilst under ? Well thats what they told me anyway. Not sure that kind of surgery is possible.

Shame they have such a scary reputation though
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill